|Municipality of Morris-Turnberry|
|• Mayor||Jamie K. Heffer|
|• Federal riding||Huron—Bruce|
|• Prov. riding||Huron—Bruce|
|• Land||376.55 km2 (145.39 sq mi)|
|• Density||9.1/km2 (24/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (EST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||519 and 226|
It was formed as an amalgamation of the former Morris and Turnberry townships in 2001 in an Ontario-wide local government restructuring imposed by the government of that time. The two former townships now comprise the wards of the amalgamated municipality.
Morris-Turnberry's only significant settlement is Bluevale, located at the junction of Huron Roads 86 and 87 east of Wingham. This is where Elias Disney, father of Walt Disney, was born in 1859. The other communities (Blyth, Belgrave, Brussels and Wingham) are all bordering on neighbouring municipalities.
Prior to amalgamation (2001):
- Population total in 1996: 3,504
- Morris (township): 1,732
- Turnberry (township): 1,772
- Population in 1991:
- Morris (township): 1,725
- Turnberry (township): 1,582
Private dwellings occupied by usual residents: 1,192 (total dwellings: 1,258)
- "Morris-Turnberry, Ontario (Code 3540050) census profile". 2011 Census of Population. Statistics Canada. Retrieved 2012-08-10.
- "Census Profile, 2016 Census - Morris-Turnberry, Ontario". Statistics Canada. Retrieved April 30, 2019.
- Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006 census
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Morris-Turnberry.|
|This Southwestern Ontario geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|