||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Birth name||Maurício Alberto Kaisermann|
7 September 1951 |
São Paulo, SP, Brazil
|Genres||Pop, soft rock|
|Occupation(s)||Singer-songwriter, musician, producer|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, piano|
Albert is best known as a one-hit wonder for his 1975 international hit single "Feelings", a soft rock piece that hit the top 10 in both the United States and United Kingdom based on a melody composed by Loulou Gasté. It sold over one million copies, and was awarded a gold disc by the RIAA on 13 November 1975.
- "Feelings" (1975) – US #6; U.S. Adult Contemporary #2; UK No. 4, South Africa No. 5
- "Sweet Loving Man" (1976) – U.S. No. 93
- Feelings (1975) – US No. 37
- Morris Albert (1976) – U.S. No. 135
- One-hit wonders in the UK
- List of 1970s one-hit wonders in the United States
- Lounge music
- List of performers on Top of the Pops
- List of best-selling singles worldwide
- I Love the '70s (U.S. TV series)
- List of Shrek songs
- Heenan, Andrew. "Real names of famous folks". Famous Folk.
- Murrells, Joseph (1978). The Book of Golden Discs (2nd ed.). London: Barrie and Jenkins Ltd. p. 353. ISBN 0-214-20512-6.
- Samson, John; Kimberley, Chris; Farquharson, Kevin (September–October 2000). "SA Charts 1969 – 1989". South Africa's Rock List. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
As presented on Springbok Radio/Radio Orion
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. pp. 207/8. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- Charts & Awards at AllMusic