||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012)|
|Birth name||Maurício Alberto Kaisermann|
7 September 1951 |
São Paulo, SP, Brazil
|Genres||Pop, soft rock, jazz, blues, latin|
|Occupation(s)||Singer-songwriter, musician, producer|
|Instruments||Vocals, electric & acoustic guitar, piano, percussions|
Albert is best known as a one-hit wonder for his 1975 international hit single "Feelings", a soft rock piece that hit the top 10 in both the United States and United Kingdom and that was composed by Loulou Gasté. It sold over one million copies, and was awarded a gold disc by the RIAA on 13 November 1975.
- "Feelings" (1975) – US #6; U.S. Adult Contemporary #2; UK No. 4, South Africa No. 5
- "Sweet Loving Man" (1976) – U.S. No. 93
- Feelings (1975) – US No. 37
- Morris Albert (1976) – U.S. No. 135
- One-hit wonders in the UK
- List of 1970s one-hit wonders in the United States
- Lounge music
- List of performers on Top of the Pops
- List of best-selling singles worldwide
- I Love the '70s (U.S. TV series)
- List of Shrek songs
- Heenan, Andrew. "Real names of famous folks". Famous Folk.
- Murrells, Joseph (1978). The Book of Golden Discs (2nd ed.). London: Barrie and Jenkins Ltd. p. 353. ISBN 0-214-20512-6.
- Samson, John; Kimberley, Chris; Farquharson, Kevin (September–October 2000). "SA Charts 1969 – 1989". South Africa's Rock List. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
As presented on Springbok Radio/Radio Orion
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. pp. 207/8. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- Charts & Awards at AllMusic
- Morris Albert at the Internet Movie Database
- "Morris Albert". Dicionário Cravo Albin da Música Popular Brasileira.