|Birth name||Maurício Alberto Kaisermann|
|Born||7 September 1951|
São Paulo, SP, Brazil
|Genres||Pop, soft rock|
|Occupation(s)||Singer-songwriter, musician, producer|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, piano|
Albert was born as a son of an Austrian immigrant family. At the beginning of his musical career he was a member of several bands as a singer and guitarist. After the success of the first single Feel The Sunshine he recorded his debut album in 1974 under the title Feelings. This album reached in his homeland rank 1 and stayed for half a year in the charts. The single Feelings was a soft rock hit song and give to Albert a one-hit wonder. The ballad reached the top ten US billboard charts in the summer of 1975 and sold more than one million copies, and was awarded a gold disc by the RIAA on 13 November 1975.
In 1978, in the United States, he recorded another hit, She's My Girl, among several other of his compositions. He currently lives in Italy with his family.
Feelings was based on a melody composed by French songwriter Loulou Gasté. Albert originally claimed the melody as his own, but was later successfully sued by Gasté in 1988 by stealing of intellectual property.
- 1974: After We've Left Each Other
- 1975: Feelings – US No. 37
- 1976: Morris Albert – U.S. No. 135
- 1977: Love and Life
- 1979: Once Upon a Man
- 1981: Solitude
- 1983: Beginnings
- 1996: Sentimientos
- 1999: Lover
- 2003: Moods
- 2004: Cuore
- 1972: "Feel the Sunshine"
- 1973: "The Throat"
- 1973: "The Man from Nazareth"
- 1974: "Sentimientos"
- 1975: "Feelings" – US #6; US A/C #2; UK #4, SA #5, AU #5
- 1975: "Leave Me"
- 1976: "Sweet Loving Man" – U.S. No. 93
- 1976: "She's My Girl"
- 1976: "Memories"
- 1976: "So Nice"
- 1977: "Conversation"
- 1977: "Someone, Somehow"
- 1982: "Do You Miss Me"
- 2003: "Empty View"
- 2004: "Cuore" (with Mietta)
- One-hit wonders in the UK
- List of 1970s one-hit wonders in the United States
- Lounge music
- List of performers on Top of the Pops
- List of best-selling singles worldwide
- I Love the '70s (U.S. TV series)
- List of Shrek songs
- Heenan, Andrew. "Real names of famous folks". Famous Folk. Archived from the original on 24 July 2008.
- Murrells, Joseph (1978). The Book of Golden Discs (2nd ed.). London: Barrie and Jenkins Ltd. p. 353. ISBN 0-214-20512-6.
- Louis Gasté v. Morris Kaiserman, 863 F.2d 1061 (2d Cir. 1988) columbia.edu
- Charts & Awards at AllMusic
- Samson, John; Kimberley, Chris; Farquharson, Kevin (September–October 2000). "SA Charts 1969 – 1989". South Africa's Rock List. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
As presented on Springbok Radio/Radio Orion
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. pp. 207/8. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.