Morris at the San Diego Comic-Con International in July 2010
Morris Lamont Chestnut
January 1, 1969 (age 50)
Cerritos, California, U.S.
|Years active||1990 – present|
Pam Bryce-Chestnut (m. 1995)
Morris Lamont Chestnut (born January 1, 1969) is an American actor. He first came to attention for his role in the 1991 film Boyz n the Hood. He has appeared in feature films and on television series, including the starring role of FBI Agent Will Keaton in the NBC TV series The Enemy Within.
Chestnut's first professional acting role was as Jadon in Freddy's Nightmares – A Nightmare on Elm Street: The Series, season 2, episode 19 ("A Family Affair"), which aired on February 18, 1990. His first feature film role was as Ricky Baker in Boyz n the Hood (1991). He followed that up with roles in various TV movies. Chestnut also played a role on Patti LaBelle's short-lived sitcom Out All Night. His career continued to rise steadily with co-starring roles in standard big-budget studio films such as Under Siege 2: Dark Territory (1995) opposite Steven Seagal and Katherine Heigl and G.I. Jane (1997) opposite Demi Moore. He was also a regular cast member on C-16, in the role of Special Agent Mal Robinson, from 1997 to 1998.
In 1998, he won the annual Madden Bowl video game competition. In 1999, Chestnut starred in The Best Man with Taye Diggs and Nia Long, as a professional football player on the eve of his wedding. The Best Man earned positive reviews from the press and did well at the box office. For his performance, Chestnut earned an NAACP Image Award nomination. He again played a football player in The Game Plan (2007). In 2001, he starred in The Brothers, a film centering on the themes of fidelity and success among young professionals. In 2004, he appeared as a firefighter in Ladder 49.
To prepare for his role as Professional Football Player, Lance Sullivan, in the movie The Best Man Holiday, Morris Chestnut had to get back into shape. His fitness training experience with Celebrity Fitness Trainer Obi Obadike inspired him to become Obadike's co-author of the health and fitness book called The Cut. The Cut, published on April 18, 2017, contains exercise drills and recipes intended to help with long term weight loss and toned physique.
|1990||Freddy's Nightmares – A Nightmare on Elm Street: The Series||Jason Woodman||Episode: "A Family Affair"|
|1992||In the Line of Duty: Street War||Prince Franklin||Television film|
|1992–1993||Out All Night||Jeff Carswell||Main role, 20 episodes|
|1993||The Ernest Green Story||Ernest Green||Television film|
|1994||Living Single||Hamilton Brown||2 episodes|
|1997–1998||C-16: FBI||Mal Robinson||Main role, 12 episodes|
|2000||ER||ICU Nurse Frank 'Rambo' Bacon||2 episodes|
|2002||The Killing Yard||Shango||Television film|
|2005||Bones||Agent Oakes||Episode: "The Man in the Wall"|
|2009–2011||V||Ryan Nichols||Main role, 22 episodes|
|2011||American Horror Story: Murder House||Luke||Recurring role, 6 episodes|
|2013||American Dad!||Craig||Episode: "For Black Eyes Only"|
|2013–2014||Nurse Jackie||Dr. Prentiss||Main role (seasons 5–6), 17 episodes|
NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series
|2014||Legends||Tony Rice||Main role (season 1), 9 episodes|
|2015–2017||Rosewood||Dr. Beaumont Rosewood Jr.||Lead role, 44 episodes|
Nominated – NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actor in a Drama Series
|2018||Goliath||Hakeem Rashad||7 episodes|
|2019||The Enemy Within||FBI Agent Will Keaton||Lead role|
|2019||Being Mary Jane||Beau Mercer||Guest Star|
|2019–present||The Resident||Dr. Barrett Cain||Supporting actor role|
- Love In The Nick of Tyme (2007)
- What My Husband Doesn't Know (2011)
- The Nutcracker (2013)
- Chestnut, Morris (2017). The Cut: Lose Up to 10 Pounds in 10 Days and Sculpt Your Best Body. Hachette Book Group, Inc. ISBN 978-1455565238.
- "Morris Chesnut, Also Known As: Morris Lamont Chestnut". FamilySearch.org. Retrieved September 2, 2019.
- "UPI Almanac for Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2019". United Press International. January 1, 2019. Archived from the original on September 2, 2019. Retrieved September 2, 2019.
actor Morris Chestnut in 1969 (age 50)
- "Morris Chestnut". TVGuide.com. Retrieved September 2, 2019.
- Terrace, Vincent. Encyclopedia of Television Shows, 1925 through 2007 (Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland & Co., 2008), p.331.
- "The Game Plan".
- "Among People's Sexiest Men of the Year" Retrieved October 4, 2016
- Morris Chestnut & Obi Obadike’s book “The Cut: Lose up to 10 Pounds in 10 days and Sculpt Your Best Body” Retrieved May 12, 2017
- "Morris Chestnut's Grown-up Son Shows Off His Shirtless Body, Posing By the Sea In Recent Photos"
- . « Pynk Celebrity Dated February 12, 2010. "Morris Chestnut's Net Worth"
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Morris Chestnut.|