The Morris Operation in Grundy County, Illinois, United States, is the location of the only de facto high-level radioactive waste storage site in the United States and holds 772 tons of spent nuclear fuel. It is owned by GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy with an address of 7555 East Collins Rd., Morris, IL 60450. The site is located immediately southwest of Dresden Generating Station. Spent nuclear fuel assemblies are stored at this away-from-reactor, Independent Spent Fuel Storage Installation (ISFSI) in a spent fuel storage pool.
- Nuclear Energy Information Service. "“NUCLEAR ILLINOIS” FACTS", Nuclear Energy Information Service, 04/09
- GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy. "Application for Importation of LLRW into the Texas Waste Disposal Compact", Anthony E. McFadden, May 29, 2014
- Energy Information Administration. "Spent Nuclear Fuel Discharges from U. S. Reactors 1993", Energy Information Administration, February 1995
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission. "General Electric Company; Morris Operation Independent Spent Fuel Storage Installation; Notice of Consideration of Approval of Transfer of Special Nuclear Material License and Conforming Amendment and Opportunity for a Hearing", Nuclear Regulatory Commission, 04/10/2007
- Congressional Research Service. "Spent Nuclear Fuel Storage Locations and Inventory", Anthony Andrews, December 21, 2004