Tyldum in 2013
|Alma mater||School of Visual Arts|
Morten Tyldum (Norwegian: [ˈmɔ̂ʈːən ˈtʏ̀ldʊm]; born 19 May 1967) is a Norwegian film director. He is best known in his native Norway for directing the thriller film Headhunters (2011), based on the novel by Jo Nesbø, and internationally for directing the historical drama The Imitation Game (2014), for which he was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Director, and the science fiction drama Passengers (2016).
He had his feature film debut with Buddy in 2003, a film that won great popular and critical acclaim. Previously he had worked in television, music videos, commercials and short films. He had been named Film Talent of the Year by the newspaper Dagbladet in 1999.
Since Buddy, he has made the movie Fallen Angels in 2008 and Headhunters (Hodejegerne) in 2011. Headhunters is based on the 2008 novel by same name written by Jo Nesbø. It became the highest-grossing Norwegian film that year.
He made his English language debut with the historical drama The Imitation Game, about the life of mathematician Alan Turing, starring Benedict Cumberbatch. The Imitation Game immediately became an international success, and was nominated for eight Oscars at the 87th Academy Awards, including Best Picture and a Best Director nomination for Tyldum himself.
Tyldum lived in Beverly Hills with his wife Janne and their child. They also maintained a house in Norway. After he divorced his wife and she committed suicide, he moved back to Oslo, Norway, with his son.
Awards and nominations
|2002||Mannheim-Heidelberg International Filmfestival - Special Prize||Buddy||Won|
|Mannheim-Heidelberg International Filmfestival - FIPRESCI Prize||Won|
|Mannheim-Heidelberg International Filmfestival - Award of Independent Cinema Owners||Won|
|2003||Warsaw International Film Festival - Audience Award||Won|
|Norwegian International Film Festival - Audience Award||Won|
|Norwegian International Film Festival - Most Enjoyable Film||Won|
|Molodist International Film Festival - Best Film Award||Nominated|
|Bratislava International Film Festival - Grand Prix||Nominated|
|Amanda Awards, Norway - Best Nordic Newcomer||Nominated|
|2004||Sofia International Film Festival - Grand Prix||Won|
|Amanda Awards, Norway - Best Film||Won|
|2008||Amanda Awards, Norway - Best Director||Fallen Angels||Won|
|2011||Philadelphia Film Festival - Audience Award||Headhunters||Won|
|2012||European Film Awards - Audience Award||Nominated|
|Amanda Awards, Norway - Public Choice Award||Won|
|2013||BAFTA Film Award - Best Foreign Film||Nominated|
|2014||Hollywood Film Awards - Best Director||The Imitation Game||Won|
|2015||AACTA International Awards - Best Direction||Nominated|
|Directors Guild Awards - Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Feature Film||Nominated|
|Academy Award for Best Director||Nominated|
- "Morten Tyldum" (in Norwegian). Snurrfilm.no. Archived from the original on January 20, 2005. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- "Top 100 People in Hollywood". Fadeinonline.com. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- Sissel Fantoft (2002-09-17). ""Buddy" - debutantenes film" (in Norwegian). Dagbladet. Archived from the original on 2011-06-05. Retrieved 2008-07-21.
- "Tyldum Leaves TORDENSKIOLD Biopic Afloat. Instead, Will Decrypt THE IMITATION GAME". TwitchFilm. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "2015 Oscars - Nominees - 87th Academy Awards Nominations". Oscar.com. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "Hele verden fr se Hodejegerne". Dagbladet.no. Retrieved 17 January 2015.
- "Filmregissør Morten Tyldum flytter hjem. Slutten i L.A. ble vond.", Aftenposten 15 August 2020
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Morten Tyldum.|