This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Number of locations
|Over 150 Worldwide boutiques|
|Products||Clothing, cosmetics, fashion accessories, jewelry, perfumes, spirits, watches,|
Moschino (Italian pronunciation: [moˈskiːno]) is an Italian luxury fashion house, specialising in leather accessories, shoes, luggage and fragrances. It was founded in 1983 by Franco Moschino in Milan.
Founding and 1990s
The brand was originally created in 1983 by the late Franco Moschino (1950–1994). Moschino and his fashion label became famous for his innovative, colorful – sometimes eccentric – designs, for his love of fairies, for his criticisms of the fashion industry and for his social awareness campaigns in the early 1990s. After Moschino's death, Rossella Jardini, his former assistant, became creative director. The brand has been part of the Aeffe fashion group since 1999.
Rossella Jardini was Moschino's Creative Director from 1994 to October 2013. Responsible for the brand image and style, Jardini fulfilled the role of "creative witness", keeping the stylistic and philosophical approach alive following the death of Franco Moschino (on September 18, 1994), with whom she collaborated from 1981. In October 2013, Jeremy Scott became Moschino's creative director, showing his first Moschino collection in Fall 2014.
In 2006, Moschino designed the outfits for the opening ceremony of the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin. Moschino also designed outfits for Kylie Minogue's 2005 Showgirl - The Greatest Hits Tour, sunglasses for Madonna's 2008 Sticky & Sweet Tour and six outfits for Lady Gaga for her The Born This Way Ball in 2011–2012.
Starting with the F/W 2008–2009 pre-collection, the Moschino Jeans label changed its name to Love Moschino.
The owner of the Moschino labels is Moschino SpA, the company which was acquired by Aeffe SpA (producer of Moschino since 1983) and Sportswear International SpA (SINV HOLDING S.p.A. since 2006) in 1999. Moschino SpA carries out its brand management, licensing agreement activities, communication and coordination of the commercial policies autonomously. In 2007, Moschino SpA signed an exclusive agreement with con Scienward International Holdings Limited for the franchising and distribution of its products in the People's Republic of China (excluding Hong Kong and Macau). The ten-year agreement provides for the opening of forty stores (22 in the first five years of collaboration) and the exclusive distribution of Moschino brand clothing lines beginning with the S/S 2008 collection. Moschino SpA also announced its five-year renewable agreement with Allison for the creation, development and worldwide distribution of the new Moschino Eyewear collection, and the signing of a five-year agreement (renewable for another five years) with the Binda Group for the manufacture and marketing of watches and for the very first time of the jewellery collection licensed with the Moschino CheapAndChic brand. The new collection of Moschino Helmets was presented to the world for the first time in November 2007, during the EICMA show. These helmets were the result of a collaboration between Max Safety Fashion helmet manufacturers and the Moschino fashion brand.
In October 2008, Moschino SpA and Altana SpA, leading companies in the children's clothing sector, announced the signing of an agreement for the creation, development and world distribution, for five years renewable, of the Moschino boys’ and girls’ collections. The collections, whose creative aspect remains at Moschino, were aimed at three age groups: Moschino Teen for ages six through fourteen; Moschino Kid for twelve–eighteen months to six years; and Moschino Baby from one–three months to two years.
In February 2014, WWD announced that Angela Missoni hired Rossella Jardini, who is the former creative director of Moschino, as a consultant, ""to exchange ideas" on her fashion collections". Angela Missoni will continue to be creative director of Missoni.
The brand consists of several labels: Moschino (women's and men's main line), Moschino Cheap and Chic (women's secondary line, created in 1988), Love Moschino (women's and men's diffusion line, known as Moschino Jeans from 1986 to 2008), in order of exclusivity. In addition, accessories, jewelry, watches, perfume and cosmetics, and even jet helmets are sold under the Moschino brand. Almost all models of watches are made by Binda Group. In Milan, Moschino opened its own concept hotel in 2009, "Maison Moschino".
Starting 2014 and under the direction of creative director Jeremy Scott, Moschino Cheap and Chic was consolidated into a new women's secondary line called Boutique Moschino.
In April 2018, Moschino announced its collaboration with the Swedish retail brand H&M which was planned to be launched in November 2018. In April 2019, it was announced that Moschino would release a collection in collaboration with EA game The Sims 4. The collection will include pixelated clothing inspired by the game.
In popular culture
- Lil' Kim's 1996 song "Queen Bitch" refers to Moschino with the line "I used to wear Moschino, but every bitch got it/Now I rock colorful minks because my pockets stay knotted."
- The 2003 Amy Winehouse song "Take the Box" refers to Moschino with the line "The Moschino bra you bought me last Christmas/Put it in the box, put it in the box."
- "Obituary: Franco Moschino", Wednesday, September 21, 1994. The Independent. 
- "Having fun with Moschino: A designer takes a bow", Monday, October 27, 2008. The New York Times. 
- "A fashionable life: Rosella Jardini". Harper's Bazaar
- "A moment with Moschino", 28 October 2008. vogue.com Archived September 24, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- Zargani, Luisa (October 29, 2013). "Moschino Names Jeremy Scott Creative Director". Women's Wear Daily. Retrieved October 29, 2013.
- "Moschino Gets Gold Medal:Brand designs costumes for winter Olympics," Thursday, January 19, 2006. Fashion Week Daily "Archived copy". Archived from the original on May 6, 2009. Retrieved October 17, 2007.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Kylie Minouge", March 21, 2005. Times Online UK
- Thakur, Pradeep. MADONNA: Unstoppable! (Revised & Enlarged Edition). Lulu.com. ISBN 9788190870573.
- Bernstein, Jacob (August 5, 2008). "Madonna's Costumes for Her Sticky and Sweet Tour". Women's Wear Daily. Retrieved October 4, 2017.
- The Brandery, Catwalk, TV Fashion Runway Show Archived September 3, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- Zargani, Luisa (February 25, 2014). "Rossella Jardini to Lend a Hand at Missoni". Women's Wear Daily. Retrieved February 25, 2014.
- "Moschino motor helmets", Tuesday, October 30, 2007. fashionunited.com. 
- "Head to Milan for Maison Moschino", October 31, 2008. Harper's Bazaar. "Archived copy". Archived from the original on May 5, 2015. Retrieved July 24, 2009.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Lance, Jennifer. "Moschino Is H&M's Newest Designer Collaboration". Glamour. Retrieved July 18, 2018.
- Masters, Johannah (April 12, 2019). "Moschino taps 'The Sims' for Coachella's big fashion moment". New York Post. Retrieved April 12, 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Moschino.|