Moscow Institute of Electronics and Mathematics
Moscow Institute of Electronics and Mathematics, MIEM (Russian: Московский институт электроники и математики НИУ ВШЭ, МИЭМ) — Russian higher educational institution in the field of electronics, computer engineering, and applied mathematics. Founded in 1962 as Moscow Institute of Electronic Machine Building (Russian: Московский институт электронного машиностроения), in 2011 joined with National Research University Higher School of Economics.
As of 2015, the institute has 3 departments:
- Faculty of Electronic Engineering;
- Faculty of Computer Engineering;
- Faculty of Applied Mathematics.
Sometimes the institute can be incorrectly referred to as Moscow Institute of Electronic Engineering in the English language sources. This is lost in translation, because it was the English official name for Moscow Institute of Electronic Technology (currently National Research University of Electronic Technology) early in the 1990s.
Media related to Moscow State Institute of Electronics and Mathematics at Wikimedia Commons
- Official Site (in Russian)
- National Research University of Electronic Technology, another Russian technical institute founded in 1960s within the scope of the Soviet microelectronics program
|This Russian university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|