National Research University of Electronic Technology
|Национальный исследовательский университет "МИЭТ" (МИЭТ)|
Main building of MIET
|Established||December 9, 1965|
|President||Yuri Aleksandrovich Chaplygin|
|Rector||Vladimir Aleksandrovich Bespalov|
|Location||Zelenograd, Moscow, Russia
|Website||http://www.miet.ru/ (in Russian)
http://www.eng.miet.ru/ (in English)
National Research University of Electronic Technology (Russian: Национальный исследовательский университет "Московский институт электронной техники" / МИЭТ, lit. National Research University "Moscow Institute of Electronic Technology") – is a Russian technical university in the field of microelectronics, information and computer technologies and one of 29 National Research Universities. University is founded in 1965 and located in Zelenograd, Moscow (the Soviet Union's center of electronic and microelectronic engineering). The university was often considered the center of the Soviet Silicon Valley.
The University complex was designed by the architects Felix Novikov and Grigory Saevich and built in 1967-1971. The complex has some similarity with the complex of the Finnish Helsinki University of Technology, built in 1954-1969 by architect Alvar Aalto. The main administrative building (#1) with library and five large lecture halls, the assembly hall (#2) with dining hall, two academic buildings (#3 and #4), and sports complex (#5) of multipurpose arena and swimming pool were built of red bricks and connected by passages in united microtown.
The decoration of the exterior walls of the library is the huge white bas-relief (970 m², all four walls) "The Becoming of a Homo sapiens" (Russian: Становление человека разумного, Stanovlenie cheloveka razumnogo) completed in 1974 by the sculptor Ernst Neizvestny.
The main facades of the main administrative building and the assembly hall are turned to Shokin's Square (Russian: Площадь Шокина, Ploshchad Shokina), named after Alexander Shokin (1909-1988), the twice Hero of Socialist Labour, the USSR Minister of Electronic Industry, one of founders of Zelenograd and MIET. The main MIET entrance is decorated by clock designed by the artist Sergey Chekhov and the sculptor Valery Tyulin and placed in the white tower. The sound system of the clock mimics stroke of the bell every 15 minutes, and X strokes of the bell at X o'clock sharp. There are Skokin's memorial plate on the right side of the main administrative building facade (if you are looking on the facade) and Presnukhin's memorial plate (the first rector) on the left side.
There is also Shokin's bust in the park near the square.
Departments and chairs
- Department of Microdevices and Technical Cybernetics
- Chairs: Computer Engineering; Electrical and Electronics Engineering; 1st chair of Higher Mathematics; Information Science and Software for Computer Systems; Information Security; Microelectronic Radiotechnical Devices and Systems; Telecommunication Systems
- Department of Electronics and Computer Technologies
- Chairs: Biomedical Systems; General Physics; 2nd chair of Higher Mathematics; Integrated Electronics and Microsystems; Integrated Circuit Design; Quantum Physics and Nanoelectronics
- Department of Intelligent Engineering Systems
- Chairs: Automatic Operation and Control Systems; Engineering Mechanics; General and Physical Chemistry; Industrial Ecology; Materials of Functional Electronics; Microelectronics
- Department (Institute) of Economics, Management and Law
- Chairs: Economic Theory and Finance; Economics and Management; History of Russia, State, and Law; Law; Marketing and Project Management; Philosophy, Sociology, and Political Science
- Department of Applied Information Technologies
- Chairs: Corporate Information Technologies and Systems; Quality Control
- Department of Foreign Languages
- Department of Graphic Design
- Institute of Military Training
- Department (College) of Electronics and Informatics
- Evening Department
- Department of Education for Foreign Citizens
- Department of Remote Education
- Leonid Viktorovich Ershov – 1966 (acting)
- Leonid Nikolaevich Presnukhin – 1966–88
- Vitali Dmitrievich Verner – 1988–98
- Yuri Aleksandrovich Chaplygin – 1998–2016
- Vladimir Aleksandrovich Bespalov – 2016–...
- Moscow Institute of Electronics and Mathematics, another Russian technical institute founded in 1960s within the scope of the Soviet microelectronics program
- English official name for international usage.
- Contact information and Charter of MIET (in Russian)
- Direct translation of Russian official name.
- Departments of National Research University "MIET" (in Russian)
- Chairs of National Research University "MIET" (in Russian)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Research University of Electronic Technology.|