||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Traded as||BSE: 517140
|Industry||Optical storage media, Solid state media (Flash based memory), Content Replication, Photovoltaic cell and module manufacturing, EPC for solar farms, Home entertainment|
New Delhi, India
|Headquarters||New Delhi, India|
|Deepak Puri, Founder & CMD|
|Products||DVD +/- R : dual and single layer,CD-R, Mini CDR and DVDR, Platinum DVDR/CDR, Inkjet Printable DVDR/ CDR, Rewritable Discs ( RW), Light scribe Discs, Blu-ray Discs, Perfumed DVDRs, USB Pen Drives, Flash cards, PV cells, PV modules, Movie DVDs|
The company has a presence in over 100 countries, serviced through 15 marketing offices and representatives in India, US, Europe, Japan, Russia, Ukraine, Egypt, Argentina, Chile, Malaysia and has tie-ups with many global optical media storage business manufacturers. The company's products are being sold to more than 82 countries.
Its products are manufactured at its three manufacturing facilities located in the suburbs of New Delhi employing over 8,000 employees. Through its wholly owned subsidiaries, the company manufactures photovoltaic cells and modules using crystalline silicon and thin film technologies.
Moser Baer India was founded in New Delhi in 1983 as a Time Recorder unit in technical collaboration with Maruzen Corporation, Japan and Moser Baer Sumiswald, Switzerland.
In 1988, it moved into the data storage industry by commencing manufacturing of 5.25-inch Floppy Diskettes. By 1993, it started manufacturing 3.5-inch Micro Floppy Diskettes (MFD).
In 1999, it set up a 150-million unit capacity plant to manufacture Recordable Compact Disks (CD-Rs) and Recordable Digital Versatile Disks (DVD-Rs). The company is today the only large Indian manufacturer of magnetic and optical media data storage products, exporting approximately 85 percent of its production.
In 2006, the company expanded into the Photovoltaic cells and Home entertainment industries.
- 1983-Year of Incorporation
- 1985-Production of 8.0"/5.25" disks
- 1987-Production of 3.5" disks
- 1998-ISO 9002 certification
- 1999-Production of CD-Rs
- 2000-Production of CD-RWs
- 2002-Completely Integrated Manufacturing
- 2003-Production of DVD-R and DVD-RW,ISO Certification for all Facilities, launch of 'Moser Baer' Brand in Indian Market, signed one of Largest Outsourcing Deals in Indian manufacturing
- 2004-'Lightscribe' Deal with HP, HP Deal for India and SAARC Region, contributing member of Blu-ray Disk Association
- 2005-ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 certification for Moser Baer plants, commencement of Phase III of Greater Noida Plant, announced Moser Baer Photovoltaic Ltd as its wholly owned subsidiary, received status of SEZ developer from Govt. of India, announced a wholly owned subsidiary-Moser Baer SEZ, signed MoU with IIT, Delhi
- 2006-The first company in the world to start volume shipments of HD DVD-R, signed Technology MoU with IT BHU, patented technology approved by the Blu-ray Disc Association, in-house R&D Centre approved by Ministry of Science and Technology, launched USB Flash drives, forayed into entertainment space, enters Home Video market
- 2007-Acquired OM&T BV - a Philips' optical technology and R&D subsidiary, announced start of trial run of solar photovoltaic cell production facility, set up the world's largest Thin Film Solar Fab, launched US$150 mn FCCBs, Moser Baer Photo Voltaic announced commercial shipment of solar photovoltaic cells, Moser Baer Photo Voltaic announced US$880 million strategic sourcing tie-up with REC Group
- 2008-Moser Baer plans 600 MW Thin Film PV capacity with an estimated investment of over $ 1.5 bn, Moser Baer Photo Voltaic announces strategic sourcing tie-up with LDK Solar, announcement of successful trials of first Gen 8.5 Thin Film plant, Moser Baer gets the coveted Blu-ray product verification, Moser Baer signs exclusive home video licensing deal with UTV Motion Pictures, Moser Baer launches a digital video processing facility in Chennai, Moser Baer secures customer sales orders of $500 million for solar modules, Global investors inject Rs. 411 crore into Moser Baer's solar photovoltaic business, Moser Baer announces successful trials of first Gen 8.5 Thin Film plant, Moser Baer Photo Voltaic announces strategic sourcing tie-up with LDK Solar, Moser Baer plans 600 MW Thin Film PV capacity with an estimated investment of over $ 1.5 bn
- 2009-Moser Baer’s thin film solar modules are now IEC certified, Moser Baer to set up one of India’s largest rooftop solar PV installations in Surat, thin film line ready for production of ultra-large solar modules
- 2010-Moser Baer is among the few players to achieve world's highest single junction Thin Film module efficiency of 7.3% through its proprietary process, increasing the module wattage from 340 watt/panel to 400 watt/panel, Moser Baer launches micro SD Cards and content loaded drives, launch of e-commerce website offering Moser Baer products, joins hands with leading entertainment players to form an Anti-Piracy Coalition
- 2011-Commences production of YUKITA brand junction boxes in partnership with Yukita Electro for solar PV modules at its Plant in Greater Noida, sets up a PV reliability laboratory to study quality and reliability aspects of Crystalline Silicon and Thin Film PV modules, emerges as the first Indian Solar PV company to achieve installation of 100 MW under its own brand, commissioning of Moser Baer India's first 5MW Thin Film solar farm in Tamil Nadu, awarded a grant by MNER towards development of innovative CIGS solar cell technology, launches 'world's slimmest' USB flash Drive, Moser Baer Technologies and Universal Display Corporation announced technology and licensing agreement for energy efficient white OLED lighting, Moser Baer signs a MoU with C-MET Pune for R&D on "Hybrid Solar Cells based on Organic Polymers and Inorganic Nano particles"]
Certifications & Recognition
- "Moser Baer Launches Biometric Pen Drives To Strengthen Data Security". RTT News. 16 August 2013. Retrieved 2013-08-16.
- SHRAWAN (2013-05-29). "ANNEX IV: LIST OF AWARD WINNERS OF RAJIV GANDHI NATIONAL QUALITY AWARDS" (PDF). http://www.bis.org.in. New Delhi: Bureau of Indian Standards. Retrieved 2014-05-15. External link in