Moses (Coldplay song)
|Single by Coldplay|
|from the album Coldplay Live 2003|
|Released||6 October 2003|
|Recorded||21 July 2003|
|Coldplay singles chronology|
"Moses" is a song by British rock band Coldplay. It was written by all members of the band for their live album, Coldplay Live 2003. The song was released on 6 October 2003 as the only single from the album.
The song was written about lead singer Chris Martin's then wife, Gwyneth Paltrow. Martin has said that the song is "about falling in love with the most beautiful woman in the world." The song's title later served as the namesake for the couple’s second child, Moses Bruce Anthony Martin. It was written in mid-2002 after the sessions for A Rush of Blood to the Head (which was released near the end of August 2002) and was intended for the follow-up album X&Y, but failed to make the album. So far only a live version of this song has been released.
- Chris Martin – vocals, rhythm guitar
- Jonny Buckland – lead guitar
- Guy Berryman – bass guitar
- Will Champion – drums
|1.||"Moses" (Live In Sydney)||5:29|
|US Adult Alternative Songs (Billboard)||10|
|US Adult Top 40 (Billboard)||38|
|US Alternative Songs (Billboard)||24|
|United States||6 October 2003||Modern rock radio||Parlophone|
- "Moses by Coldplay Songfacts". Songfacts. Retrieved 23 April 2012.
- "Coldplay, "Moses" | Song Inspirations | Comcast.net". Xfinity.comcast.net. Archived from the original on 2 November 2013. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- "Coldplay Chart History (Adult Alternative Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved 9 January 2018.
- "Coldplay Chart History (Adult Pop Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved 12 June 2014.
- "Coldplay Chart History (Alternative Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved 12 June 2014.
- "Alternative: Week Of: October 6, 2003". Radio & Records. Archived from the original on 26 January 2013. Retrieved 23 April 2012.