Moses the Lawgiver
|Moses the Lawgiver|
|Directed by||Gianfranco De Bosio|
|Music by||Ennio Morricone|
|Original: 360 min
Theatrical version: 141 min
Moses the Lawgiver, transmitted in 1973 and 1974, is a 6-hour British television miniseries which starred Burt Lancaster as Moses. It was an ITC/RAI co-production, whose shooting took place in Rome and on location in Morocco and Israel.
Many of the writers, cast members, and crew members of Moses the Lawgiver contributed to another biblical coproduction by ITC/RAI--the ambitious miniseries Jesus of Nazareth, which was transmitted three years later, in 1977.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (May 2015)|
- Burt Lancaster as Moses
- Anthony Quayle as Aaron
- Ingrid Thulin as Miriam
- Irene Papas as Zipporah
- Aharon Ipale as Joshua
- Juan Selva as Saul
- Yosef Shiloach as Dathan
- Marina Berti as Eliseba
- Shmuel Rodensky as Jethro
- Mariangela Melato as The Princess Bithiah
- Laurent Terzieff as Pharaoh Merneptah
- Michele Placido as Caleb
- Antonio Piovanelli as Korah
- Jacques Herlin as The Magician
- Umberto Raho and José Quaglio as two of The Pharaoh's Ministers
- Melba Englander as Merneptah's Wife
- Marco Steiner as The Young Merneptah
- William Lancaster as The Young Moses
- Galia Kohn as The Young Miriam
- Mosko Alkalai as Amram
- Dina Doron as Jochebed
- Yossi Werzansky as Eleazar
- Richard Johnson as The Narrator
As Charlton Heston's son Fraser acted out the infant Moses in the 1956 Hollywood production of The Ten Commandments, so Burt Lancaster's son Bill, credited as William Lancaster, acted out the role of Moses as a young man in Moses the Lawgiver.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (May 2015)|
Theatrical and DVD releases
The 360-minute-long mini-series was later edited into a 141-minute version for theatrical release under the same name. In 2004, this shortened version was released as a one-disc DVD. A 300-minute version (2 discs) was released in 2012 for Latin America (but not dubbed into Spanish and compatible in both Regions 1 & 4); it was packaged (somewhat deceptively) as Moises y los 10 Mandamientos-Extended Version.
- 'MOSES THE LAWGIVER:' can Moses compete with guns and cops? Smith, Cecil. Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) [Los Angeles, Calif] 22 June 1975: p1.
- Moses the Lawgiver (1975), Harper & Row Publishers
- "Moses the Lawgiver". Internet Movie DataBase. Retrieved 9 January 2010.
|This article related to a TV movie of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This ITC Entertainment–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|