In 2006, Friedman participated in the International Conference to Review the Global Vision of the Holocaust, stating, "I am not a denier of the Holocaust, but I think it is legitimate to cast doubt on some statistics." He said that the figure of 6 million deaths during The Holocaust was from a prophecy made before World War II and that the actual figure was closer to one million.
His children were expelled from the Talmud Torah school in Austria where the family lived. He said it was because of his participation in the Holocaust conference; the school said its fees were not paid. After being banned from the Jewish community in Austria in 2007, he moved to New York City.
His family moved to Antwerp in 2011. Because no schools would admit his children, he sue and in 2012 the court ordered a Jewish school for girls to admit his two sons or face heavy fines. In February 2013, the Court of Appeals reversed the trial court. Although Friedman styles himself rabbi, the Central Israelite Consistory of Belgium stated in 2014 that he has no right to bear the title rabbi in Belgium.
- Liphshiz, Cnaan. "In Antwerp, a haredi pariah forces school to go coed". Jewish Telegraphic Agency. Archived from the original on 13 March 2013. Retrieved 15 March 2016.
- Fathi, Nazila. "Israel Fading, Iran's Leader Tells Deniers Of Holocaust", The New York Times, 13 December 2006. Retrieved 27 February 2008.
- Robert Tait (11 December 2006). "Holocaust deniers gather in Iran for 'scientific' conference". The Guardian. Retrieved 30 December 2012.
- "Rabbi Friedman's Complaint". Vienna Review. 1 March 2007. Retrieved 6 January 2013.
- "Jewish Sect Ostracized Over Iran Meeting". The Washington Post. 27 January 2007. Retrieved 6 January 2013.
- "Vienna Jewish community bars rabbi who attended Iran Holocaust conference". European Jewish Press. 17 January 2007. Retrieved 6 January 2013.
- "'A'jad pal' rabbi a deadbeat". New York Post. 4 December 2011. Retrieved 6 January 2013.
- Court forces Jewish school to admit sons of anti-Zionist. The Daily Caller.
- Antwerp girls' school forced to admit boys – Israel Jewish Scene, Ynetnews. Ynetnews.
- JTA (29 December 2012). "Antwerp Jewish Girls School Forced to Admit Holocaust Denier's Boys or Pay Fine". Jewish Press. Retrieved 30 December 2012.
- "Zaak schoolkinderen Friedman, Hof van Beroep stelt school in het gelijk". Joods Actueel (in Dutch). 6 February 2013. Retrieved 9 March 2013.
- "Joodse Palestina-activist misbruikt titel van Rabbijn" (in Dutch). Joods Actueel. 29 August 2014. Retrieved 16 March 2016.
|This biographical article about a person notable in connection with Judaism is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Austrian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Belgian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|