|Fields||Epigenetics and Cancer research|
Szyf's main research interests lie with epigenetics, including behavioral epigenetics as well as cancer research.
Education and career
Szyf received his Ph.D. from the Hebrew University on basic mechanisms of DNA methylation under supervision of Aharon Razin. Subsequently, he performed postdoctoral work at Harvard Medical School. In 1989, he was appointed as assistant professor in pharmacology and therapeutics at McGill University. In 2016, Moshe Szyf founded Montreal EpiTerapia Inc.
- Moshe Szyf, DNA Methylation and Cancer Therapy, Springer, 2005, ISBN 978-0306478482
- Moshe Szyf, Fundamentals of Epigenetics, Cambridge University Press, ISBN 978-0521898379
As of October 2013[update], Moshe Szyf published more than 140 papers in peer-reviewed journals, almost all on epigenetics. He is also on the Editorial Board of the journal Environmental Epigenetics, published by Oxford University Press.
Szyf also holds many patents, all relating to epigenetics-based therapeutics.
- Mosze Szyf, 18 April 2013
- Moshe Szyf, James McGill professor of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, McGill Reporter, 1 April 2009
- Dr. Moshe Szyf, sickkids.ca
- Professor Moshe Szyf, lifeboat foundation
- RSA/NSPCC Lecture
|This article about a geneticist or evolutionary biologist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|