Moshe Weinfeld (also Weinfield, Hebrew: משה ויינפלד) (born 1925 in Nowy Sącz, Poland; died 29 April 2009), Professor Emeritus of Bible at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, and recipient of the 1994 Israel Prize for Bible.
In 1965, Weinfeld earned a PhD at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. In 1969, he was appointed senior lecturer in Hebrew University's Bible department. In 1973, Weinfeld became associate professor, and he was promoted to full professor in 1978.
Over the course of his career, Weinfeld held various positions in the following academic institutions: Jewish Theological Seminary (1967–1969); Brandeis University (1968); University of California, San Diego (1981); University of California, Berkeley (1989).
- In 1993, Weinfeld was awarded the Ben-Zvi Prize for the History of Palestine for his Hebrew book From Joshua to Josiah: Turning Points in the History of Israel From the Conquest of the Land Until the Fall of Judah, Jerusalem: Magnes Press (1992).
- In 1994, he was awarded the Israel Prize, for Bible.
- Deuteronomy and the Deuteronomic School, Oxford: Clarendon (1972)
- ‘Justice and Righteousness’ in Ancient Israel against the Background of Social Reforms in the Ancient Near East (Report No. 4/79), Jerusalem: Institute for Advanced Studies of the Hebrew University (1979)
- Getting at the Roots of Wellhausen’s Understanding of the Law of Israel: On the 100th Anniversary of the ‘Prolegomena’ (Report No. 14/79), Jerusalem: Institute for Advanced Studies of the Hebrew University (1980)
- The Organizational Pattern and the Penal Code of the Qumran Sect: A Comparison with Guilds and Religious Associations of the Hellenistic-Roman Period (NTOA, 2), Göttingen: Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht (1986)
- Deuteronomy 1-11 (Anchor Bible, 5), Garden City NY: Doubleday (1991)
- The Promise of the Land The Inheritance of the Land of Canaan by the Israelites Berkeley: University of California Press (1993)
- Social Justice in Ancient Israel and in the Ancient Near East, Minneapolis: Fortress, Jerusalem: Magnes Press (1995)
- The Place of the Law in the Religion of Ancient Israel (Vetus Testamentum Supplement), Leiden: E.J. Brill (2004)
- Normative and Sectarian Judaism in the Second Temple Period, New York: T & T Clark (2005)
- Wazana, Nili (14 May 2009). "Moshe Weinfeld, 1925–2009". Society of Biblical Literature. Retrieved 23 February 2011.
- "Israel Prize Official Site - Recipients in 1994 (in Hebrew)".