Mosman Park railway station
Northbound view from Platform 2 in July 2005
|Location||Stirling Highway, Mosman Park
|Owned by||Public Transport Authority|
|Distance||13.5 kilometres from Perth|
99321 (platform 1)
99322 (platform 2)
|Opened||1 March 1894|
|Previous names||Buckland Hill
Although the Eastern Railway opened on 1 March 1881, regular passenger services to Mosman Park station (then called Cottesloe Beach station) only commenced on 1 March 1894. In 1896 a station-master was appointed. The name of the station was changed to Buckland Hill in 1931 and to Mosman Park in 1937 to reflect changes of name of the local government area from Cottesloe Beach Road District to Buckland Hill Road District to Mosman Park Road District.
The station closed on 1 September 1979 along with the rest of the Fremantle line, re-opening on 29 July 1983 when services were restored. To the west of the station, a now lifted freight line ran from Cottesloe to the Leighton Marshalling Yard.
Mosman Park station is located on the western edge of Mosman Park. The railway's right-of-way is between two important roads: Stirling Highway and Curtin Avenue. There is one access point to the eastbound end of the Perth-bound platform and two access points, at the eastbound end and centre, to the Fremantle-bound platform. There is a track crossing at grade level connecting the eastbound ends of the platforms.
|99321||1||Fremantle||All stations, A, S||Perth|
|Stop||Route||Destination / description||Notes|
| Stirling Highway (north bound)||998||CircleRoute clockwise via Stirling Highway||Limited stops|
|103||to East Perth via Stirling Highway|
|906||Rail replacement service to Perth station|
| Stirling Highway (south bound)||999||CircleRoute anti-clockwise via Stirling Highway||Limited stops|
|103||to Fremantle station via Queen Victoria Street|
|906||Rail replacement service to Fremantle station|
- "Government Notices". The West Australian. 27 February 1894. p. 3. Retrieved 23 Jul 2013.
- "The Executive Council - Yesterday's Decisions and Appointments". The West Australian. 17 September 1896. p. 5. Retrieved 23 Jul 2013.
- History of Stations on the Fremantle Line Right Track
- Our History Public Transport Authority
- Mosman Park station layout Transperth
- Fremantle Line Timetable Transperth 31 January 2016
- Understanding Australia's urban railways Bureau of Infrastructure Transport & Regional Economics July 2012 page 12
- "Route 998". CircleRoute Timetable 200 (PDF). Transperth. n.d. [effective from 9 October 2016].
- "Route 103". Bus Timetable 32 (PDF). Transperth. n.d. [effective from 9 October 2016].
- "Route 999". CircleRoute Timetable 200 (PDF). Transperth. n.d. [effective from 9 October 2016].
Media related to Mosman Park railway station at Wikimedia Commons
|Preceding station||Transperth Trains network||Following station|
All, A, S