It has a primary school, Mosstodloch Primary School, which has 161 pupils. The school was built in 1968, and in February 2012, a campaign was underway to build a new school building. Its secondary pupils usually attend Milne's High School in Fochabers.
Construction work on a bypass for Mosstodloch and the neighbouring village of Fochabers, costing £31.5m, started in February 2010 and the Mosstodloch section opened on 27 September 2011. The Fochabers section opened on January 2012. The project was significantly delayed due to conflict regarding the proposed route, and discovery of a Neolithic settlement on the site of the bypass, at Coul Brae, Mosstodloch.
The village also fields a team, Mosstodloch FC in the local welfare league.
- "Mosstodloch Primary School, Mosstodloch".
- "Mosstodloch Primary School - Moray Council". 2004-01-23.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-04-18. Retrieved 2012-09-02.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Fochabers bypass work under way". 2010-02-02.
- Gray, Héléna; Suddaby, Ian (2012). "Early Neolithic pits, an Iron Age ring-ditch house and associated features at Coul Brae, Mosstodloch, Moray". Scottish Archaeological Journal. 34-35: 25–70. doi:10.3366/saj.2012.0036.
- "Football Team Management App | Soccer Software".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mosstodloch.|