|Written by||Tom Rob Smith|
|Directed by||James Kent|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Executive producer(s)||Alan Poul|
Tom Rob Smith
|Production company(s)||BBC Studios|
BBC Two Films
MotherFatherSon is an upcoming British television series. It stars Richard Gere, in his first major TV role in his career, Helen McCrory, Ciarán Hinds, Billy Howle, and Elena Anaya. The series will premiere later in 2019.
Caden (Billy Howle), 30, runs the British newspaper owned by his American father, Max (Richard Gere), a businessman with media outlets in London and around the world. Caden is primed to follow in his father's footsteps as one of the most powerful men in the world. But when Caden's self-destructive lifestyle spirals out of control, the devastating consequences threaten the future of the family, its empire and a country on the brink of change.
Cast and characters
- Richard Gere as Max, a charismatic self-made American businessman.
- Helen McCrory as Kathryn, a British heiress and Max's ex-wife.
- Billy Howle as Caden, the 30 year-old son of Max and Kathryn.
- Ciarán Hinds as Walter, Max's father.
- Elena Anaya as Sofia, Max's second wife.
- Sarah Lancashire as Angela Howard, a former businesswoman-turned-MP and Leader of the Opposition.
- Danny Sapani as Jahan Zakari, the first ever Muslim Prime Minister of the UK.
- Sinéad Cusack as Maggie
- Paul Ready as Nick
- Pippa Bennett-Warner as Lauren
- Joseph Mawle as Scott
BBC Studios will produce the series. This is Richard Gere's first TV show since Kojak (1976) when he appears in one episode and his first major TV role ever in his career. Gere said : "It’s been almost 30 years since I worked in television. I'm so pleased to be working now with the BBC on this extraordinary eight-hour project with such talented people and which resonates so much to the time we live in". Directed by James Kent, filming will begin in summer 2018 in London and on location in Spain.
The series will be distributed internationally by BBC Studios. It will premiere later in 2019.
- "Richard Gere to Return to TV After Nearly 30 Years, in BBC Drama 'MotherFatherSon'". May 22, 2018.
- Mitchell, Robert (2018-08-27). "First Look at Richard Gere in BBC's 'MotherFatherSon'". Variety. Retrieved 2018-10-12.
- "Richard Gere Confirmed For First Major TV Role In BBC Drama 'MotherFatherSon'". May 22, 2018.
- "Richard Gere returning to TV in BBC drama MotherFatherSon". May 23, 2018.