|Created by||Tom Rob Smith|
|Written by||Tom Rob Smith|
|Directed by||James Kent|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||1|
|No. of episodes||8 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Alan Poul|
Tom Rob Smith
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Production company(s)||BBC Studios|
BBC Two Films
|Original network||BBC Two|
|Picture format||16:9 (1080p)|
|Original release||6 March 2019 –|
MotherFatherSon is a BBC Studios television series starring Richard Gere—his first major television role— Helen McCrory, Billy Howle, Ciarán Hinds and Elena Anaya. The series broadcast on BBC Two began on 6 March 2019.
Cast and characters
- Helen McCrory as Kathryn Villiers, British heiress and Max's ex-wife
- Billy Howle as Caden Finch, 30-year-old son of Max and Kathryn
- Pippa Bennett-Warner as Lauren Elgood, senior adviser to Max
- Sinéad Cusack as Maggie Barns, journalist and ex-political correspondent for the National Reporter
- Joseph Mawle as Scott Ruskin, who attends the homeless shelter where Kathryn visitsand develops a close relationship with her
- Paul Ready as Nick Caplan, journalist for the National Reporter
- Danny Sapani as Jahan Zakari, first Muslim Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
- Sarah Lancashire as Angela Howard, Leader of the Opposition
- Ciarán Hinds as Walter Finch, Max's father
- Elena Anaya as Sofia, Max's current wife
- Niamh Algar as Orla, Caden's girlfriend
|No.||Title ||Directed by ||Written by||Original air date ||U.K viewers|
|1||"Episode 1"||James Kent||Tom Rob Smith||6 March 2019||4.53|
|2||"Episode 2"||James Kent||Tom Rob Smith||13 March 2019||3.18|
|3||"Episode 3"||Charles Sturridge||Tom Rob Smith||20 March 2019||2.55|
|4||"Episode 4"||Charles Sturridge||Tom Rob Smith||27 March 2019||2.44|
|5||"Episode 5"||Charles Sturridge||Tom Rob Smith||3 April 2019||2.39|
|6||"Episode 6"||Charles Sturridge||Tom Rob Smith||10 April 2019||2.16|
|7||"Episode 7"||James Kent||Tom Rob Smith||17 April 2019||2.21|
|8||"Episode 8"||James Kent||Tom Rob Smith||24 April 2019||N/A|
BBC Studios produced the series. This is Richard Gere's first TV role, apart from appearing in Kojak in 1976. Gere said, "It’s been almost 30 years since I worked in television. I'm so pleased to be working now with the BBC on this extraordinary eight-hour project with such talented people and which resonates so much to the time we live in". He seemed less enamoured of the project after filming, telling the Radio Times, "It was six months’ shooting, like doing four indie movies back to back but playing the same character. It’s too long. I don’t think I’ll do it again." Directed by James Kent, filming took place in summer 2018 in London and on location in Spain
The series premiere was on BBC Two in March and April, 2019. It will be distributed internationally by BBC Studios.
- "Richard Gere to Return to TV After Nearly 30 Years, in BBC Drama 'MotherFatherSon'". May 22, 2018.
- Mitchell, Robert (2018-08-27). "First Look at Richard Gere in BBC's 'MotherFatherSon'". Variety. Retrieved 2018-10-12.
- "MotherFatherSon Episodes Guide and Summaries". Next Episode. Retrieved 7 March 2019.
- Nolfi, Joey (23 May 2018). "Richard Gere returning to TV in BBC drama MotherFatherSon". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 7 March 2019.
- "Richard Gere Confirmed For First Major TV Role In BBC Drama 'MotherFatherSon'". May 22, 2018.