|Final issue||March–April 2011|
|Based in||Santa Fe, New Mexico|
Mothering was founded in 1976, and in 1980, Peggy O'Mara became editor and publisher. The November–December 2010 issue was the last printed issue of the Mothering magazine. On February 15, 2011, Mothering magazine announced that publication of the magazine would end completely after the March–April 2011 issue, and that Mothering would subsequently become a Web-only company.
In 2006, Mothering sponsored a contest that solicited artwork to create an international symbol for breastfeeding. The winning design, chosen from more than 500 entries, was announced in November 2006.
Mothering has published books through a division of Simon & Schuster:
- Mothering Magazine's Having a Baby, Naturally: The Mothering Magazine Guide to Pregnancy and Childbirth, Peggy O'Mara. Atria publishing (2003) ISBN 978-0-7434-3963-3
- Natural Family Living: The Mothering Magazine Guide to Parenting, Peggy O'Mara. Atria publishing (2000) ISBN 978-0-671-02744-5
The magazine's web forum, MotheringDotCommunity or "MDC", has 160,000 registered members as of February 2011.
- O'Mara, Peggy (February 15, 2011). "How We Became a Web Company". Retrieved February 19, 2011.
- "Parenting Magazines". Book Market. Retrieved February 1, 2016.
- "Mothering Vaccination Forum Guidelines". Mothering Magazine. 2012. Retrieved June 18, 2012.
- Mothering's Breastfeeding Symbol Contest Has a Winner.
- Mothering Magazine announces winner of International Breastfeeding Icon Design Contest. November 13, 2006.
|This women's magazine–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.