Motihari (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
Vidhan Sabha constituency
|Lok Sabha constituency||3. Purvi Champaran|
|Electoral system||First past the post|
Motihari (Vidhan Sabha constituency) (Hindi: मोतिहारी विधान सभा निर्वाचन क्षेत्र) is an assembly constituency in Purvi Champaran district in the Indian state of Bihar. In 2015 Bihar Legislative Assembly election, Motihari will be one of the 36 seats to have VVPAT enabled electronic voting machines.
As per orders of Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly constituencies Order, 2008, 19. Motihari (Vidhan Sabha constituency) is composed of the following: Motihari community development block including Motihari nagar parishad and Lautnaha notified area and Piprakothi CD block.
In the November 2010, October 2005 and February 2005 state assembly elections Pramod Kumar of BJP won the 19 Motihari assembly seat defeating Rajesh Gupta of RJD in November 2010 and Rama Devi of RJD in October 2005 and February 2005. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Rama Devi of RJD defeated Pramod Kumar of BJP in 2000. Triveni Tiwari of CPI defeated Laxman Prasad of BJP in 1995 and 1990, and Rajendra Prasad of Congress in 1985. Prabhawati Gupta of Congress defeated Triveni Tiwari of CPI in 1980 and Raghunath Gupta of Janata Party in 1977.
- "EC move to allay fears about errors in EVMs".
- "General Election to the State Legislative Assembly of Bihar, 2015- Use of EVMs with Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail System(VVPAT)-reg" (PDF).
- "Schedule – XIII of Constituencies Order, 2008 of Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly constituencies Order, 2008 of the Election Commission of India" (PDF). Schedule VI Bihar, Part A – Assembly constituencies, Part B – Parliamentary constituencies. Retrieved 2011-01-10.
- "Motihari election results from 1977". Travel India Guide. Retrieved 2011-01-05.
- "12 - Motihari Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-01-06.