|Industry||Video game industry|
|Founded||July 13, 2015|
|Headquarters||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
Number of locations
|2 studios (2018)|
Jade Raymond (general manager)|
Kim Swift (design director)
|Products||Star Wars Battlefront series (2017–present)|
Number of employees
|100+ (May 2017)|
Motive Studios is a Canadian video game development studio owned and operated by Electronic Arts. Founded in July 2015 by Jade Raymond, a former Ubisoft executive and Assassin's Creed producer, Motive Studios was created to specialize in action-adventure games as well as create new intellectual properties. Their first announced project is to work with Redwood Shores-based Visceral Games on an upcoming Star Wars video game.
|2017||Star Wars Battlefront II||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One||In collaboration with Criterion Games and EA DICE|
|TBD||Untitled Star Wars video game||In development; originally in collaboration with Visceral Games until the studio's closure in October 2017|
- Crecente, Brian (July 13, 2015). "Former Ubisoft studio head Jade Raymond opens EA studio in Montreal". Retrieved September 27, 2015.
- Takhashi, Dean (August 17, 2015). "Jade Raymond's journey to EA, Star Wars games, and a new Montreal studio". VentureBeat. Retrieved September 27, 2015.
- Pereira, Chris (October 15, 2015). "EA Wants to Expand Into the GTA, Assassin's Creed "Gigantic Action" Game Genre". GameSpot. Retrieved November 17, 2015.
- Saed, Sherif (November 17, 2015). "EA working on its own action game in the style of Assassin's Creed". VG247. Retrieved November 17, 2015.
- Makuch, Eddie (January 19, 2017). "Portal, Left 4 Dead Developer Kim Swift Joins EA". GameSpot. Retrieved January 19, 2017.
- Kerr, Chris (August 1, 2017). "EA confirms BioWare Montreal is merging with Motive". Gamasutra. Retrieved August 1, 2017.
- Goldfarb, Andrew (June 12, 2016). "E3 2016: EA Motive Is Working On Star Wars Battlefront Sequel". IGN. Retrieved June 13, 2016.
- Karmali, Luke (July 13, 2015). "Jade Raymond Starts New Studio To Work On Amy Hennig's Star Wars Game". IGN. Retrieved September 27, 2015.