Rockpool Games (Mobile)
MotoGP '07 is the fifth game in THQ's MotoGP series for Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows and Mobile phones (the latter released as MotoGP 4). The purchase of the Climax Racing studio, developer of most of the previous titles in the series, from Climax Studios by Disney Interactive Studios led to speculation over who would be developing the game. However, a promo video on the Xbox Live Marketplace confirmed that Climax Studios were still involved in MotoGP '07.
MotoGP '07 features complete rider and team data, new 800cc MotoGP bikes and all 18 circuit of the 2007 MotoGP season. The title also features interactive track-side crowds, on-line tournament features, on-line "pink slip" racing, and a revamped Extreme mode. The revamped Extreme mode allows for over one million possible bike customizations.
In addition, minor gameplay changes have been made to the handling and braking to allow for easier player accessibility. Changes to acceleration and deceleration have been made to add to the realism which will make turns easier to navigate through. Slight fishtailing with hard braking has been put in to give a better feel for the handling of the bike and to let the player know how effective their braking is.
Also, the ability of the player to customise their bikes is greatly increased. In Extreme mode the player can upgrade their bike with various performance modifications: carbon brakes, race exhausts, magnesium/carbon wheels etc. In Grand Prix mode, the customisation is limited to visual upgrades, though MotoGP'07 now allows players greater control over the appearance of their bike. Despite this, some players have complained that the visual modifications are still fairly restrictive - the main criticism is that the custom paintwork option still restricts the player to the same limited amount of customisation as the previous games, despite the fact that the overall visual modification option has been overhauled. This leaves the player unable to design or customise the paint on their bike to approximate the level of design detail achieved by other AI racers.. Whether this issue will be resolved in future patches is not known.
In addition to this the PC version of the game features a corrupt model of the Yamaha M1 with the rear cowling misformed visible on Rossi and Edwards' bikes. Also the crowds in grandstands no longer work with post 2010's graphics drivers on the PC and shimmer.
The game features Ilmor GP to ride with but not against. In real life Ilmor rider Jeremy McWilliams crashed before the first Round of the season in Qatar resulting in him not being able to take part in the race. Andrew Pitt, the second Rider, raced alone, this also applies in the game. The player whilst in Career or Championship Mode will only race against Pitt and not McWilliams. However Pitt does not feature in any more races as Ilmor pulled out of the 2007 Championship.
However Jeremy McWilliams and Andrew Pitt are available to use as a playable rider in both Quick and Championship Races.
- Kellik - "Candyfloss"
- Carter Brown - "Say Hello (Edit)"
- CrashCarBurn - "Scarlet Letter"
- CrashCarBurn - "Sing This At My Wake"
- One Armed Louis - "Here Comes Johnny"
- One Armed Louis - "Come On Home"
- Daniel Lenz - "Massive Mellow"
- When Sparks Fly - "Finding The Weapons of Self Destruction"
- The Dirty Secrets - "White Lies"
- Standing Shadows - "One Way Ticket"
- Stereo Black - "Fall Again
MotoGP '07 had a somewhat protracted release in the United Kingdom. While the Xbox release proceeded as planned, the PC version was delayed twice: originally delayed until the first week of September, and then delayed again until the eventual release date of September 28.
- Buchanan, Levi (September 12, 2007). "MotoGP 4 Review (Cell)". IGN. Retrieved June 21, 2016.
- Brudvig, Erik (March 2, 2007). "MotoGP '07 Hands-On". IGN. Retrieved June 21, 2016.
- Edge staff (October 2007). "MotoGP '07 (X360)". Edge (180): 96.
- Whitehead, Dan (August 29, 2007). "MotoGP '07 (Xbox 360)". Eurogamer. Retrieved June 21, 2016.
- "MotoGP '07 (X360)". GamesMaster: 77. October 2007.
- Ekberg, Brian (September 4, 2007). "MotoGP 07 Review (X360)". GameSpot. Retrieved June 21, 2016.
- "MotoGP '07 (X360)". GamesTM: 110. September 2007.
- Bedigian, Louis (November 8, 2007). "MotoGP4 [sic] - MB - Review". GameZone. Archived from the original on August 9, 2009. Retrieved June 21, 2016.
- Pereira, Michael (August 31, 2007). "MotoGP '07 Review (X360)". IGN. Retrieved June 21, 2016.
- "MotoGP '07". Official Xbox Magazine: 79. October 2007.
- McAllister, Gillen (October 2007). "Xbox  Review: MotoGP 07". Official Xbox Magazine UK: 84. Archived from the original on October 7, 2007. Retrieved June 21, 2016.
- "MotoGP '07". PC Zone: 84. January 2008.
- "MotoGP 07 (pc: 2007): Reviews". Metacritic. Archived from the original on September 13, 2008. Retrieved June 21, 2016.
- "MotoGP '07 for Xbox 360 Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved June 21, 2016.