Plug In Digital (NA; PC)
|Platform(s)||PlayStation 3, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation Vita, Xbox 360|
MotoGP 13 is a motorcycle racing game developed and published by Milestone and released in 2013. The game was announced by Milestone taking back production, after its departure on the franchise with MotoGP '08. Along with the racing game's inclusion on the PlayStation Vita handheld, Milestone announced that it would return support to the PC, as well as versions for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
MotoGP 13 features all the tracks, riders and teams from the 2013 season of MotoGP, Moto 2 and Moto 3 world championships.
MotoGP 13 features 4 single player game modes: Grand Prix, World Championship, Career and Time attack. Grand Prix is a standard mode where the player picks a class, team and rider along with the track and weather conditions. This game mode takes the player across a single Grand Prix weekend including practice, qualifying and the race. World Championship mode allows the player to ride a full or custom season in either MotoGP, Moto 2 or Moto 3.
Career mode is the main single player mode and incorporates first and third person elements. Upon a few wildcard events, the player will earn a ride in Moto 3 and begin their career. From here the player rides through multiple seasons, earning new rides with the aim of ultimately becoming Moto GP world champion. Career mode boasts many new features to MotoGP video games. These include Parc Ferme, motorhomes and a walkable garage. The career mode is also expanded with objectives given from your own Personnel Manager.
Time Attack allows the player to race themselves endlessly against the clock. Multiplayer features online game modes as well as split screen multiplayer.
Multiple physics settings and aids allow for beginners as well as the experienced to have an immersive experience.
A brand new weather systems also features in MotoGP13. The player can select from 5 weather options one of which is dynamic where the race could start in dry conditions and then begin to rain during the race.
The game features in game commentary from Moto GP international commentator Gavin Emmett, a real life based HUD and a brand new helmet cam similar to the one seen in Shift 2: Unleashed.
A demo of the game was released in early June and players would be able to choose either Valentino Rossi or Marc Marquez and race 3 laps at Circuit de Catalunya. The game features 100 GP Levels which are unlocked by gaining XP Points from racing.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (March 2015)
The PlayStation Vita version received "generally favorable reviews", while the rest of the console versions received "average" reviews, according to the review aggregation website Metacritic. The game reached number 8 in the UK sales charts.
- Robinson, Martin (19 June 2013). "MotoGP 13 Review (Xbox 360)". Eurogamer.
- "MotoGP 13 (X360)". GamesMaster: 77. September 2013.
- Iwaniuk, Phil (19 June 2013). "MotoGP 13 PS3 review: Everything you ever wanted to know about eating tarmac". PlayStation Official Magazine - UK. Archived from the original on 23 June 2013. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- "MotoGP 13 (PS3)". PlayStation Official Magazine - Australia: 79. August 2013.
- White, Sam (20 June 2013). "MotoGP 13 Xbox 360 Review". Official Xbox Magazine UK. Archived from the original on 23 June 2013. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- "MotoGP 13 (PS3)". Play UK (233): 80. August 2013.
- Harwood, Edd (19 July 2013). "MotoGP 13 (X360)". The Digital Fix. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- "MotoGP 13 for PC Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- "MotoGP 13 for PlayStation 3 Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- "MotoGP 13 for PlayStation Vita Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- "MotoGP 13 for Xbox 360 Reviews". Metacritic.
- "UK Archive Software Charts". GFK Chart-Track.