|First released||July/September 2016|
|Predecessor||Moto E (2nd generation)|
|Operating system||Android 6.0 Marshmallow|
|CPU||1.0 GHz MediaTek MT6735P|
|GPU||Mali T720 GPU|
|Memory||1/2 GB RAM|
|Battery||2800 / 3500 mAh|
|Display||5.0-inch, 720 by 1280 pixels|
|Rear camera||8 MP with LED flash|
|Front camera||5 MP|
|Website||See bottom of article|
The Moto E3 (model XT1700) and the Moto E3 Power (model XT1706) are Android smartphones developed by Motorola Mobility, a subsidiary of Lenovo. These phones make up the third generation of the low-end Motorola Moto E series. Released in September 2016 in India exclusively via Flipkart, the E3 Power sold a record 100,000 units on its first day of sale. (The base E3, on the other hand, was never launched in India; it was launched elsewhere.) The phones have a similar design to the Moto G3 and come in black or white. They come with a much larger-than-average battery for a budget smartphone. The Moto E3 Power is one of the few budget smartphones which supports rapid charging.
The Moto E3 Power has been compared to the very similar but slightly-pricier Moto G4 Play with the main differences being the E3 Power having a larger battery and the G4 Play having a better CPU (Snapdragon 410).
Online professional reviews praised the Moto E3 Power's battery life; their main complaints were regarding the phone's performance.
Speedier competitors include the Moto G4 and others.
|1st Gen (2014)||2nd Gen (2015)||3rd Gen (base/Power) (2016)|
|Internal storage||4 GB||8 GB||8/16 GB|
|Display||4.3 inch||4.5 inch (256 ppi)||5.0 inch (294 ppi)|
|Processor||Snapdragon 200||4G - Snapdragon 410
3G - Snapdragon 200
|1.0 GHz MediaTek MT6735P|
|Memory||1 GB||1 GB||1/2 GB|
|Rear camera||5 MP||5 MP||8 MP|
|Front camera||No||Yes, 0.3 MP||Yes, 5 MP|
|Quick launch camera||none||Double twist||Press power twice|
|Android version||4.4 KitKat (at launch)||5.0.2 Lollipop (at launch)||6.0 Marshmallow|
|Removable battery||No, 1980 mAh||No, 2390 mAh||Yes, 2800 mAh / 3500 mAh|
All three generations use micro-SIMs and use micro-USB B power connectors.
- Moto E3 Power First Impressions, Gadgets 360, 20 September 2016
- Lenovo's water resistant Moto E3 Power launched in India for $120, Mashable
- Moto e3 Power: 1 lakh units sold on launch day, claims Flipkart, The Indian Express
- Moto E3 Power makes history in India with 100,000 sales in first day, Android Authority
- Best Moto E3 Power Tips and Tricks, Android Beat, October 2016
- Motorola Moto G Play (4th Gen) vs Moto E3 Power: Same Breed, But Differ Largely, MakTechBlog, 23 September 2016
- "Moto E3 Power won't be getting Nougat, Motorola confirms". GSMArena.com. Retrieved 2017-02-03.
- "N is for Nougat: Android 7.0 is coming to your favorite Moto phones". motorola-blog.blogspot.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-02-03.