This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Moto G6 running Android 8
G6 Plus: evert
|Series||Moto G Family|
|Operating system||Android 8.0 "Oreo" (upgradeable to 9.0 "Pie")|
Moto G6 (stylized by Motorola as moto g6) is a series of Android smartphones developed by Motorola Mobility, a subsidiary of Lenovo; it is the sixth generation of the Moto G family. There are three models, g6, g6 plus and g6 play. Only the g6 and g6 Play will be available in the United States.
Announced as successors to the Moto G5, the phones were scheduled to be released on the May 9, 2018 in several markets including Europe, South America, North America and parts of Asia; however, Motorola missed its release date for North America and India.
The G6 was made available in North America by May 23, 2018 from Boost Mobile, and on the following day through Verizon Wireless. It later was made available on Amazon for a discounted price. On June 5th, the moto g6 was made available for purchase in Motorola's United States website.
The specification does vary between countries and the model.
|Stat||G6||G6 Plus||G6 Play|
|Release Date||Brazil: April 20, 2018|
Mexico: April 29, 2018
Europe: May 9, 2018
United States: May 23, 2018
India: June 4, 2018 (Moto G6 and G6 Play)
|Operating System||Android 8.0 Oreo (upgradeable to Android 9.0 Pie)|
|Display Resolution||1080p @ 18:9||720p @ 18:9|
|Processor||Snapdragon 450 octa-core Cortex-A53 @ 1.8 GHz||Snapdragon 630 octa-core Cortex-A53 @ 2.2 GHz||Snapdragon 430 octa-core Cortex-A53 @ 1.4 GHz|
|Graphics||Adreno 506 @ 600MHz||Adreno 508 @ 700MHz||Adreno 505 @ 450MHz|
|Expandable Storage||Up to 128 GB|
|Wi-Fi||Dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n||Dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac||Dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n|
|Fingerprint Scanner||Yes, Front||Yes, Rear|
|Rear Camera Stills||12 MP + 5 MP dual. f/1.8||12 MP + 4 MP Dual. Dual AutoFocus Pixel, f/1.7, 1.4um||13 MP, f/2.0|
|Rear Camera Video||1080p @ 60 FPS||4K @ UNK
1080p @ UNK
|1080p @ 30 FPS|
|Front Camera||16 MP or 8 MP (varies by market)
1080p @ 30 FPS
1080p @ 30 FPS
|Audio||Front Speaker & 3.5 mm jack|
|Waterproof||P2i||P2i (US Only)|
|Battery||3000 mAh||3200 mAh||4000 mAh|
|Charging||TurboPower (15 W) over USB-C||TurboPower over Micro-USB|
|Dimensions (mm)||153.8 x 72.3 x 8.3||160 x 75.5 x 8||154.4 x 72.2 x 9|
- "The new moto g family – designed with you in mind". Motorola. Retrieved 2018-04-23.
- Motorola Confirms Existence Of Moto G6 Audio Issues
- "Moto G6 US availability: pre-orders, release date, carriers, and more". Android Police. 2018-05-23. Retrieved 2018-05-25.
- "Moto G6 discounted to $235 as an Amazon Prime Exclusive". CNET. 2018-05-30. Retrieved 2018-05-31.
- "moto g⁶ - Android smartphone | motorola US". 2018-05-03. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "moto g⁶ - Android smartphone | motorola US". 2018-06-05. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- "Moto G6, Moto G6 Play launch in India today: Live stream timings, expected price, etc". The Indian Express. 3 June 2018. Retrieved 4 June 2018.
- "Meet the new members of the Moto G series..." The Telegraph. Retrieved 2018-06-05.
- Black, Marie. "Budget Moto G family gets a premium makeover". Tech Advisor. Retrieved 2018-04-23.
|This mobile phone–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|