Moto Racer 3
|Moto Racer 3|
European cover art
|Developer(s)||Delphine Software International|
The player controls a motorcyclist in races on various terrain. The game does not have a career mode, but instead contains many race modes: speed, Supercross/Motocross, Freestyle, Trial, and Traffic. Speed mode places the player in courses with long straights and slight curves, in order to allow the driver to reach the high speeds. The courses in the mode are set so the player can gain speed. Supercross/Motocross uses dirt tracks with hills in races designed to make driving difficult. Freestyle gives the player a time-limit to perform as many tricks as possible for points. Trial mode requires the player to maneuver an obstacle course on a motorcycle. Traffic mode is a race between two participants in the streets of Paris requiring the player to avoid oncoming traffic.
A year before the release of Moto Racer 3, Infogrames bought out the North American publishing rights, while Electronic Arts retained the European rights. On August 8, 2001, Infogrames revealed the game for the first time; GameSpot noted the improved graphics from its predecessor. IGN praised the game's graphics as being photo-realistic after seeing gameplay footage at an Electronic Arts Europe event.
Moto Racer 3 garnered mediocre reviews from critics for its confusing menu system and unpolished feel; it received compilation scores of 69.07% and 66/100 on review aggregate websites GameRankings and Metacritic, respectively. GameSpy's Craig Wessel noted that the physics engine of the game was perfect for casual players and praised the game's various modes. However, he did not like the options control, questioning why the player has to edit the game before starting it up to adjust the game's controls. IGN's Dan Adams felt that the game didn't give any incentive for players enough to play through the entire game. GameSpot's Gord Goble criticized the game's low frame rate, but praised the variety of events.
- Goble, Gord (4 March 2002). "Moto Racer 3 Review". GameSpot. Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- Adams, Dan (6 March 2002). "Moto Racer 3 Review". IGN. Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- Ajami, Amer (9 August 2001). "Moto Racer 3 unveiled". GameSpot. Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- Blevins, Tal (7 September 2001). "Moto Racer 3". IGN. Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- "Moto Racer 3 for PC". GameRankings. Retrieved 18 February 2010.
- "Moto Racer 3 for PC Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 18 February 2010.
- Wessel, Craig (16 April 2002). "Moto Racer 3 (PC)". GameSpy. Archived from the original on 18 February 2005. Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- Ovaldog (6 March 2002). "Moto Racer 3 Review - PC". GameZone. Archived from the original on 1 October 2008. Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- "Moto Racer 3". PC Gamer: 71. April 2002.
- Hill, Steve (13 December 2001). "PC Review: Moto Racer 3". PC Zone. Retrieved 26 November 2014.[dead link]