Moto X Style
The Moto X Style (branded as Moto X Pure Edition in the US) is the flagship third-generation of Moto X Android smartphone developed and manufactured by Motorola that was released on September 2, 2015.
In the United States, the phone is not offered through any carrier subsidiaries and will be released unlocked, offering the consumer quicker software updates due to avoiding carrier input. In addition, the U.S. version supports GSM, CDMA2000, HSPA+, and 14 different LTE bands, enabling it to be used on any of the country's four major carriers (AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon).
In December, a limited edition of the Moto X Pure Edition was launched in the United States which features three different designs to symbolize "the spirit" of Moto Maker which are designed by Jonathan Adler as an partnership with Motorola.
Similar to its predecessors, the phone's design features a curved rear casing and body frame made of aluminum. The rear casing and metal trim color of the phone can be customized by the customers before purchasing the phone by using the Motorola's Moto Maker which offers rear casing made of materials such as Horween leather, wood and silicone and number of colors for the metal trim.
The phone weighs 179 g (6.3 oz) with the dimensions of 153.9 mm (6.06 in) height, 76.2 mm (3.00 in) width and 11.1 mm (0.44 in) depth. The display of the device is 5.7 in (140 mm) IPS TFT LCD protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 with the resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels and pixel density of 520 ppi.
The device features a 64-bit Hexa-core Snapdragon 808 system-on-chip with a clock speed of 1.8 GHz and 3 GB of RAM. The internal storage configurations are available in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB, with all variants featuring storage expansion via microSD card up to 128 GB.
The Moto X Style is equipped with a 21 megapixel rear facing camera utilizing phase detection autofocus along with ƒ/2.0 aperture and dual-LED tone flash. The camera is capable of recording video at 4K up to 30 fps. The front facing camera is 5 megapixel with aperture of ƒ/2.0 and LED flash.
The Moto X Style comes pre-installed with Android 5.1.1 "Lollipop" utilizing a stock Android experience along with additional, proprietary software features developed by Motorola, including their signature gestures that provide shortcuts to certain actions. Motorola has announced that the phone would be upgraded to Android 6.0 Marshmallow which would bring features such as new power management system known as "Doze". In November, Motorola released the Android 6.0 update for the users of the device in India and Brazil following the update for the users in Europe on December.
In December 2015, Motorola launched a soak test of the Android 6.0 update for the Moto X Pure Edition to a limited number users in the US. The update was released a week later for the users of Verizon, Sprint and US Cellular.
In September 2017, Motorola sent out an Android 7.0 update to all US users.
The Moto X Style has multiple variants to support the 3G and 4G networks of different carriers in different countries:
|Model||FCC ID||Regions||CDMA2000 bands||GSM bands||UMTS bands||LTE bands||Notes|
|XT1572||Europe, Australia, India and most Latin American carriers||N/A||Quad||800/850/900/1700/1900/2100||1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/17/20/25/28/40/41||SIM unlocked|
|XT1575||U.S. (Moto X Pure Edition)||800/850/1900||Quad||850/900/1700(AWS)/1900/2100||1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/17/25/26/38/41||SIM unlocked|
All variants support the four 2G GSM bands 850/900/1800/1900.
- Motorola Moto X Style review: cut-price quality phablet | Technology | The Guardian
- Rehm, Lars (28 July 2015). "Motorola Moto X Style preview and samples". dpreview. Retrieved 28 July 2015.
- Seifert, Dan (July 28, 2015). "Hands on with Motorola's new Moto X Style: Also known as the Moto X Pure". The Verge. Retrieved July 28, 2015.
- Sullivan, Mark; Reader, Ruth (July 28, 2015). "Motorola unveils new Moto X Style, Moto X Play, and Moto G smartphones". venturebeat.com. Retrieved July 28, 2015.
- Moto X Pure Edition Release Date Confirmed September 1, 2015.
- Nickinson, Phil (July 28, 2015). "Motorola 2015 launch event liveblog!". androidcentral.com. Retrieved July 29, 2015.
- Kennemer, Quentyn (July 29, 2015). "Moto X Pure Edition will get lightning fast updates thanks to lack of carrier input". phandroid.com. Retrieved July 29, 2015.
- Mattera, Sam (August 16, 2015). "Motorola's Moto X Pure Edition Is the Smartphone of the Future". The Motley Fool. Retrieved August 17, 2015.
- "Limited design collection for the Moto X Pure Edition will be available on 3rd December". Androidcentral.com. Mobile Nations. 18 November 2015. Retrieved 17 December 2015.
- "Motorola Moto X Style hands on". Phonearena.com. Phonearena. 28 July 2015. Retrieved 17 December 2015.
- "There are 126 possible Moto Maker combinations for the Moto X Style, and here's a look at a few of them". phandroid.com.
- "Moto X Style: Hands-on with the biggest and the most customizable Moto X yet". Android Central. Mobile Nations. 28 July 2015. Retrieved 17 December 2015.
- "Motorola Moto X Pure Edition (Moto X Style) Review". Androidauthority.com. Android Authority. 18 November 2015. Retrieved 17 December 2015.
- "Moto X Style - Android 6.0 Marshmallow Release Notes".
- "Motorola delivers Android 6.0 Marshmallow update to the Moto X Style and Moto X (2nd Gen)". Phandroid.com. Phandroid. 12 November 2015. Retrieved 17 December 2015.
- "The Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for the Moto X Style starts spreading to Europe". Phonearena.com. Phonarena. 12 December 2015. Retrieved 17 December 2015.
- "Motorola starts soak test for the Moto X Pure Edition Android 6.0 Marshmallow update". Phonearena.com. Phonearena. 2 December 2015. Retrieved 17 December 2015.
- "Motorola Says The Moto X Pure Edition Is New Being Updated To Marshmallow on Verizon, Sprint and US Cellular". Androidpolice.com. Illogical Robot LLC. 8 December 2015. Retrieved 17 December 2015.
- "Specifications". motorola.com.cn. Retrieved 2015-09-08.
- "Specifications". motorola.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-09-05.
- "Specifications". motorola.com.au. Retrieved 2015-09-05.
- "Specifications". motorola.in. Retrieved 2015-10-10.
- "Specifications". motorola.com. Retrieved 2015-09-05.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Moto X Style.|
Moto X (2014)
| Moto X Style