Moton Field Municipal Airport
|Moton Field Municipal Airport|
NAIP aerial image, 2006
|IATA: none – ICAO: none – FAA LID: 06A|
|Owner||City of Tuskegee|
|Elevation AMSL||264 ft / 80 m|
Moton Field Municipal Airport (FAA LID: 06A) is a public-use airport located three nautical miles (3.5 mi, 5.6 km) north of the central business district of Tuskegee, a city in Macon County, Alabama, United States. The airport is owned by the City of Tuskegee. It is included in the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Moton Field Municipal Airport covers an area of 275 acres (111 ha) at an elevation of 264 feet (80 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 13/31 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,005 by 100 feet (1,526 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 9, 2009, the airport had 19,530 general aviation aircraft operations, an average of 53 per day. At that time there were 9 aircraft based at this airport: 100% single-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for 06A ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 30 June 2011.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015: Appendix A (PDF, 2.03 MB). Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 4 October 2010.
- Tuskegee Airmen National Historic Site at the National Park Service website
- FAA Terminal Procedures for 06A, effective October 13, 2016
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about an airport in Alabama is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|