MotorCoach Australia was formed in 1982 by former Denning employees Kevin Johnson and Dick White based in Kingston. It initially manufactured bus chassis with Caterpillar, Cummins and General Motors engine options. In 1986 it began to build bodies, both on its own chassis and those of other manufacturers.
In 1995 it was placed in administration and purchased by Clifford Corporation with coaches built under the Austral Pacific Highlander name at the Austral Pacific plant in Geebung. Following Clifford Corporation's collapse, it was purchased by McCafferty's Coaches. As well as building coaches for McCafferty's it also completed orders for external customers. It closed in 2004 having completed over 60 coaches.
- "Motor Coach Australia" Fleetline July 1987 page 166
- "Motor Coach Australia - A Quiet Achiever" Australian Bus Panorama 4/5 March 1989 page 3
- "New Owners Sought" Australian Bus Panorama 12/3 December 1996 page 9
- "Austral - Pacific Group" Australian Bus Panorama 12/5 April 1997 page 21
- "Manufacturing Update" Australian Bus Panorama 15/5 April 2000 page 17
- Bus Australia gallery