This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Automobile associations, also referred to as motoring clubs, motoring associations, motor clubs, are organizations, either for-profit or non-profit, which motorists (drivers and vehicle owners) can join to enjoy benefits provided by the club relating to driving a vehicle. There is typically an annual membership fee to join. A membership identification card, valid for the time period of membership paid, is typically issued to the member.
Typical motor club benefits
Member benefits may include the following:
- Use of the membership card as a bail bond card for minor traffic violations. In the USA this is especially useful for members driving outside their own state, since other state law enforcement agencies commonly do not recognize posting out-of-state driver's licenses as bail bond, but often accept motor club member cards.
- Emergency road service upon presentation of the membership card. Often there is a nationwide network with agreements with various local towing and other emergency road service providers.
- Provision of maps, or other tourist or motoring information in some cases, to members.
- In some cases, reward stickers or decals may be provided to the member to place in the window of his/her vehicle, offering a reward to someone who locates or reports the vehicle if stolen.
- Sometimes certain services related to vehicles, such as transferring ownership, may be provided to members at a reduced cost.
- Some businesses, such as motels, may provide members of certain motor clubs with discounts upon presentation of their membership cards.
Australia and New Zealand
- NRMA – New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory
- NZAA – New Zealand
- RAC – Western Australia
- RACT – Tasmania
- RACQ – Queensland
- RACV – Victoria
- ADAC (Allgemeiner Deutscher Automobilclub)
- Advantage Auto Club
- Allstate Motor Club
- American Automobile Association
- Better World Club
- Canadian Automobile Association
- Good Sam RV Emergency Road Service
- Hiway Angels
- RV Roadservice Online
- Shell Motorist Club
- Car club
- Automobile industry
- Vehicle insurance
- Effects of the automobile on societies
- Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile
|Wikivoyage has travel information for Automobile associations.|
- "MyNRMA". Retrieved 1 September 2016.
- "ÖAMTC". Retrieved 1 May 2016.
- "ARBÖ". Retrieved 1 May 2016.
- Dordick, Vera (September 9, 2002). "Consumers can choose from many emergency roadside service plans". The Business Review (Albany Business Review). Retrieved 7 December 2014.