Motorcycle Consumer News
|Former editors||Dave Searle, Fred Rau|
|Based in||Irvine, California|
Motorcycle Consumer News (MCN) is a monthly motorcycling magazine that reviews motorcycles and accessories, and covers motorcycle safety and training, and industry news. Unlike most automotive enthusiast publications, it is wholly subscriber-supported and does not accept advertising.
History and profile
While not financially beholden to motorcycle industry advertisers, Motorcycle Consumer News is similar to other motorcycling publications in that it is dependent on motorcycle manufacturers to furnish the motorcycles they test, rather than anonymously purchasing the test vehicles, as is done by Consumer Reports.
Contributors have included safety specialist and Motorcycle Hall of Fame member David L. Hough, Ken Condon, Lee Parks, Moshe K. Levy, designer Glynn Kerr, physician Flash Gordon M.D., and Mike Kneebone, president of the Iron Butt Association.
- Editor's introduction, MCN, retrieved February 23, 2010
- Maher, Kevin; Greisler, Ben (1998), Chilton's Motorcycle Handbook, Haynes North America, pp. 4–6, ISBN 0-8019-9099-8, retrieved February 23, 2010,
Motorcycle Consumer News, or MCN, is one of our favorite bike magazines because they do not accept advertising and aren't afraid to say if a product stinks.
- "Roger Hull". Motorcycle Museum. Retrieved November 23, 2015.
- American Motorcyclist. American Motorcyclist Assoc. May 1995. p. 62. ISSN 0277-9358. Retrieved November 23, 2015.
- "How Consumer Reports tests cars", Consumer Reports, Consumers Union of U.S, retrieved February 23, 2010
- Topousis, Tom (1993-09-05). "BIKERS REV UP, IN A SUBTLE WAY". The Record (Bergen County). Retrieved February 23, 2010.
- "RIDE OF HIS LIFE". Gaston Observer. 1995-09-27. Retrieved February 24, 2010.
|This transport magazine or journal-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.