Moturiki Island, known as "Leisure Island" in English, is located just off Mount Maunganui beach. It is connected to the beach by a man made land bridge. NIWA maintains a tide meter on Moturiki Island. Moturiki Island offers rock climbing opportunities.
Marineland Ltd built an aquarium in 1966, but this was closed in May 1981. Later in 1981 Marineland was reconstructed into Leisure Island, a water park with swimming pools, bumper boats and hydro slide, which operated until 1990 when it was removed from the island.
- "Sightseeing". Oceanside Resort & Twin Towers. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- "Moturiki Island". NIWA. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- Broederlow, Martin. "MOTURIKI ISLAND" (PDF). freeclimb.co.nz. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
- "Leisue Island Photos on facebook". facebook.com. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
- "Mauao - Mount Maunganui, Main Beach, Moturiki - Leisure Island, Hopukiore - Mount Drury, and Waikorire - Pilot Bay Management Plans" (PDF). ?. April 1998. pp. 37–38. Retrieved 22 October 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Moturiki Island.|
|This Bay of Plenty Region geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|