Iranian frigate Jamaran
|Operators:||Islamic Republic of Iran Navy|
|Preceded by:||Alvand class|
|Displacement:||1,500 tonnes |
|Length:||95 m (311.7 ft) |
|Beam:||11.1 m (36.4 ft) |
|Draught:||3.25 m (10.7 ft) |
|Speed:||30 knots (55.6 km/h) |
|Aircraft carried:||1 x Bell 214 ASW helicopter|
|Aviation facilities:||Helicopter landing pad|
The Moudge class, alternately spelled Moje class (meaning Wave), is a class of domestically produced Iranian light frigates. It appears to be a development of the Alvand-class design. They are described as destroyers by the Iranian state media but the size and weight of the ships; 1,500 ton displacement, are more in keeping with that of modern corvettes. The ships are also referred to as destroyer escorts.
The first ship, Jamaran is said to be completed and is stationed in the port of Bandar Abbas. Damavand is the second ship in this class. According to OSGEOINT, Damavand was constructed at the Shahid Tamjidi Marine Industries (STMI) fabrication shop on the Caspian Sea at Bandar-e Anzali. The frigate was launched in March 2013.
Ships in the class
|Jamaran||76||Bandar Abbas||2010||In service.|
|Damavand||77||Bandar Anzali||2013||In service.|
|Moudge 3||?||Khoramshahr||?||Under Construction.|
|Moudge 4||?||Bandar Abbas||?||Under Construction.|
|Sahand||74||Bandar Abbas||2012||Under Construction.|
|Moudge 6||?||?||?||Under Construction.|
|Moudge 7||?||?||?||Under Construction.|
- "Jamaran frigate". Defense Industries Organization. Archived from the original on July 17, 2007.
- "Moudge frigate". Defense Industries Organization. Archived from the original on July 17, 2007.
- "Iran to launch home made destroyers". Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting News Network. 2 October 2002. Archived from the original on September 27, 2007.
- "Destroyer production line inaugurated in Iran (Wave II)". Iranian Students' News Agency (ISNA). 23 February 2007.
- "The Second Moje Class Frigate at Shahid Tamjidi Marine Industries". OSGEOINT. 26 January 2012. (Subscription required (. ))
- "Iran launches indigenous Jamaran 2 destroyer in Caspian Sea". PressTV. 17 March 2013. Retrieved 28 June 2015.
- "Iran launches mass production of new surface-to-air missiles". RT.com. 9 November 2013. Retrieved 28 June 2015.
- "Iran Mulling Change in Sayyad Missiles to Mount It on Mowj-Class Vessels". Fars News Agency. 27 January 2014. Retrieved 28 June 2015.
- ناوشكن ولايت به ناوگان ارتش ايران ميپيوندد. Fars News Agency (in Persian). Retrieved 28 June 2015.
- ونمایی از زیردریایی فاتح در سال جار/ ناوشکنهای کلاس جماران در راهند. Fars News Agency (in Persian). Retrieved 28 June 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mouge class frigate.|