View of the village and bay
|Administrative region||North Aegean|
|• Municipal unit||185.1 km2 (71.5 sq mi)|
|• Municipal unit||3,925|
|• Municipal unit density||21/km2 (55/sq mi)|
|• Population||974 (2011)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
Moudros (Greek: Μούδρος) is a town and a former municipality on the island of Lemnos, North Aegean, Greece. Since the 2011 local government reform it is part of the municipality Lemnos, of which it is a municipal unit. It covers the entire eastern peninsula of the island, with a land area of 185.127 km², covering 38.8% of the island's territory. The municipal seat was the town of Moúdros (pop. 974). Its next largest town is Kontopoúli (623). The municipal unit's total population was 3,925 in the 2011 census.
The municipal unit Moudros is subdivided into the following communities (constituent villages in brackets):
- Fisini (Fisini, Agia Sofia)
- Kaminia (Kaminia, Voroskopos)
- Kontopouli (Kontopouli, Agios Alexandros, Agios Theodoros)
- Lychna (Lychna, Anemoessa)
- Moudros (Moudros, Koukonisi)
- Panagia (Panagia, Kortisonas)
- Repanidi (Repanidi, Kotsinos)
- "Απογραφή Πληθυσμού - Κατοικιών 2011. ΜΟΝΙΜΟΣ Πληθυσμός" (in Greek). Hellenic Statistical Authority.
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (in Greek)
- "Population & housing census 2001 (incl. area and average elevation)" (PDF) (in Greek). National Statistical Service of Greece.
- Ottoman military graveyard found on Greek island off Gallipoli
|This North Aegean location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|