|Directed by||K. Madhu|
|Screenplay by||S. N. Swamy|
|Story by||S. N. Swamy|
|Produced by||Kovai Chezhiyan|
|Edited by||V. P. Krishnan|
Kay Cee Film Combines
Mounam Sammadham (transl. Silence is acquiescence) is a 1990 Indian Tamil-language legal thriller film written by S. N. Swamy, directed by K. Madhu and produced by Kovai Chezhiyan. The film stars Mammootty (in his Tamil film debut) and Amala. It revolves around a lawyer representing a wrongfully convicted man.
The film was released on 15 June 1990. The film went on to become a commercial and critical success. This film along with Azhagan (1991), Thalapathi (1991), Kilipetchu Ketkava (1993) and Makkal Aatchi (1995) established Mammootty as a superstar in Tamil Nadu. This film was dubbed into Telugu as Lawyer The Great, released on 15 February 1991.
This article needs an improved plot summary. (January 2023)
The plot revolves around the wrong conviction of a business man and the efforts taken by a lawyer to find the truth.
- Mammootty as Adv. K.C. Raja M.A., B.L., Bar-at-law
- Amala as Dr. Hema
- Jaishankar as Sundaram
- Nagesh as Paramasivam
- R. Sarathkumar as Balu
- Sathyapriya as Savitri
- Sukumari as Sundaram's mother-in-law
- Kumarimuthu as Munusamy
- Srikanth as public prosecutor chandran
- Y. G. Mahendran as Adv. J.Shekar
- Thyagu as Gundan
- Suresh Chakravarthy as Raja's friend
- Charle as Mani
- Jai Ganesh as Kalyanam
- R. S. Shivaji as Guest House Caretaker
- Sreeja as Vijayalakshmi
- M. S. Thripunithura as Palghat
- Prathapachandran as Sessions Court Judge Srinivasan
- S. R. Veeraraghavan as Madras High Court Sr Judge
- Peeli Sivam as Circle Inspector
- Nagarajacholan as Muthu
- T. S. Raghavendra as Makkal Kural Editor
- Cochin Haneefa as Kallupatti Rangan
- Appa Haja as Natarajan
- Y. Vijaya as Prostitute Rani
- S. K. Rajavelu as High Court Judge
- Vani as Janaki
|5 Paisa 10 Paisa||Malaysia Vasudevan||Gangai Amaran|
|"Chik Chik Chaa"||K. S. Chithra|
|"Kalyaana Thaen Nilaa"||K. J. Yesudas K. S. Chithra||Pulamaipithan|
|"Oru Raja Vanthanam"||K. S. Chithra||Gangai Amaran|
- Telugu version
|One Two Three Four||K. S. Chithra|
|"Naa Raja Vacchadu"||K. S. Chithra|
|"Kalyaana Thaen Nilaa"||Mano, K. S. Chithra|
N. Krishnaswamy of The Indian Express praised the film, particularly Mammootty's performance. C. R. K. of Kalki, however, was less positive, saying the film was like an ordinary novel. The film was both a critical and commercial success.
- Raman, Mohan (3 January 2015). "KB: Kollywood's Discovery Channel". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 1 May 2015. Retrieved 16 December 2022.
- "Mammootty's pan-Indian appeal proves he's a bonafide star regardless of how Yatra performs". Firstpost. 7 February 2019. Archived from the original on 2 August 2021. Retrieved 16 December 2022.
- "Mounam Sammatham Tamil Film LP Vinyl Record by Ilayaraja". Mossymart. Archived from the original on 13 December 2021. Retrieved 13 December 2021.
- Mani, Charulatha (8 June 2012). "A Raga's Journey — Dynamic Durbarikaanada". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 28 February 2018. Retrieved 15 October 2019.
- "Lawyer The Great". indiancine.ma. Archived from the original on 16 December 2022. Retrieved 10 January 2021.
- "Lawyer The Great". Spotify. August 2014. Archived from the original on 14 January 2023. Retrieved 10 January 2021.
- Krishnaswamy, N. (22 June 1990). "Mounam Sammadham". The Indian Express. p. 7. Retrieved 20 March 2019.
- சி.ஆர்.கே. (8 July 1990). "மௌனம் சம்மதம்". Kalki (in Tamil). pp. 40–41. Archived from the original on 16 December 2022. Retrieved 16 December 2022.
- "5 Tamil hits of Mammootty as you await 'Peranbu'". Onmanorama. 18 July 2018. Archived from the original on 27 June 2021. Retrieved 16 December 2022.