|Directed by||K. Madhu|
|Written by||K. Guna|
|Screenplay by||S. N. Swamy|
|Story by||S. N. Swamy|
|Produced by||Kovai Chezhiyan|
|Edited by||V. P. Krishnan|
Kay Cee Film Combines
|Distributed by||Kay Cee Film Combines|
Mounam Sammadham (transl. Silence is Acceptance) is a 1990 Tamil language legal thriller film directed by K. Madhu. The film stars Mammootty (in his Tamil film debut) and Amala. The music was composed by Ilaiyaraaja.
This film was dubbed into Telugu as Lawyer The Great, released on 15 February 1991.
The plot revolves around the wrong conviction of a business man and the efforts taken by a lawyer to find the truth.
- Mammootty as Adv. K.C. Raja M.A., B.L., Bar-at-law
- Amala as Dr. Hema (Sundaram's sister)
- Jaishankar as Sundaram
- Nagesh as Paramasivam
- Sarath Kumar as Balu (Sundaram's brother)
- Sathyapriya as Savitri, Sundaram's wife
- Sukumari as Sundaram's mother-in-law
- Kumarimuthu as Munusamy
- Y. G. Mahendran as Adv. J.Shekar
- Thyagu as Gundan, Raja's friend Cameo role
- Suresh Chaktavarthy as Raja's friend Cameo role
- Charle as Mani, Servant
- Jai Ganesh as Kalyanam Sundaram's Partner
- R. S. Shivaji as Guest House Caretaker
- Sreeja as Vijayalakshmi
- M. S. Thripunithura as Palghat, Paramasivam's Manager
- Prathapachandran as Sessions Court Judge
- Veeraraghavan as Madras High Court Sr Judge
- Peelisivam as Circle Inspector
- Nagarajacholan as Muthu, Vijayalakshmi's Bro
- T S Raghavendar as Makkal Kural Editor
- Cochin Haneefa as Kallupatti Rangan, Paramasivam's Henchman
- Appa Haja
- Y. Vijaya as Prostitute
- Rajavelu as High Court Judge
- Vani as Vijayalakshmi's Mother
The music was composed by Ilaiyaraaja and the lyrics were written by Pulamaipithan and Gangai Amaran. “Kalyaana Thaen Nilaa" was set in Darbari Kanada raga. Kalyana then nila song was written by Pulamaippithan.
|1||5 Paisa 10 Paisa||Malaysia Vasudevan||Gangai Amaran|
|2||"Chik Chik Chaa"||K. S. Chithra|
|3||"Kalyaana Thaen Nilaa"||K. J. Yesudas K. S. Chithra||Pulamaipithan|
|4||"Oru Raja Vanthanam"||K. S. Chithra||Gangai Amaran|
- Telugu version
|1||One Two Three Four||K. S. Chithra|
|2||"Naa Raja Vacchadu"||K. S. Chithra|
|3||"Kalyaana Thaen Nilaa"||Mano, K. S. Chithra|
The film was both commercial and critical success.
- "Lawyer The Great". indiancine.ma. Retrieved 10 January 2021.
- Krishnaswamy, N. (22 June 1990). "Mounam Sammadham". The Indian Express. p. 7.
- Ilaiyaraaja (1990). Mounam Sammatham (liner notes) (in Tamil). Echo Records.
- Mani, Charulatha (8 June 2012). "A Raga's Journey — Dynamic Durbarikaanada". The Hindu. Retrieved 15 October 2019.
- kalyana then nila. Asianet (in Malayalam).
- "Lawyer The Great". Spotify. Retrieved 10 January 2021.
- "5 Tamil hits of Mammootty as you await 'Peranbu'". Malayala Manorama. 18 July 2018.