Mounir Fakhry Abdel Nour
|Mounir Fakhry Abdel Nour|
|Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment|
16 July 2013 – 19 September 2015
|Prime Minister||Hazem Al Beblawi
|Preceded by||Hatem Saleh|
|Succeeded by||Tareq Qabil|
|Born||21 August 1945|
|Political party||Wafd Party|
|Alma mater||Cairo University
American University in Cairo
Mounir Fakhry Abdel Nour (Arabic: منير فخري عبد النور, born 21 August 1945) is an Egyptian businessman and politician.
Early life and education
He graduated from a French high school in Cairo. He received a bachelor's degree from Cairo University's Faculty of Economics and Political Science. He holds a master's degree from the American University in Cairo (AUC) with a thesis entitled "private foreign investment as a source of economic development."
Abdel Nour is a businessman. He began his career as representative in Egypt and the Middle East for the french bank "Banque de l'Union Européenne" then joined Amrican Express International Banking Corporation as Vice President in Egypt. He later founded Egyptian Finance Company. In 1983 he founded the Egyptian French Company for Agro-Industries (Vitrac Company )i He was board member of the Cairo and Alexandria stock exchange,the Federation of Egyptian Industries., the center for economic studies of developing countries at Cairo university.
Then he joined politics. He run for office in the 1995 elections, but lost. He won a seat in the 2000 general elections. and was elected Head of the opposition in Parliament. Later he was elected secretary-general of the Wafd Party. After the 25th of January revolution he was appointed minister of tourism in the cabinet led by then prime minister Ahmed Shafiq in February 2011. Abdel Nour succeeded Zoheir Garranah in the post.
- "Egypt's Sherif Ismail cabinet with 16 new faces sworn in by President Sisi". Ahram Online. 19 September 2015. Retrieved 19 September 2015.
- "Participants". Messe Berlin. Archived from the original on 23 December 2012. Retrieved 2 July 2013.
- "Amin Fakhry Abdel-Nour (1912 – 2012)". Watani. 2013. Retrieved 2 July 2013.[dead link]
- "Mounir Fakhri Abdel Nour: Politics, Inc.". Al Ahram Weekly. 501. 4 October 2000. Archived from the original on 12 September 2009. Retrieved 2 July 2013.
- "Politics in the blood". KCM. 2 (25). 4–17 February 1999. Archived from the original on March 26, 2014. Retrieved 2 July 2013.
- El Din, Mai Shams (20 February 2011). "Al Wafd's Mounir Fakhry Abdel Nour appointed minister of tourism". Daily News Egypt. Cairo. Retrieved 2 July 2013.
- Bassem Abo al-Abass and Michael Gunn, "Egyptian cabinet: The old, the new and the unknown", Ahram Online, 24 February 2011.
- "Egypt's interim president swears in first government", Ahram Online, 16 July 2013.