|Look up mount in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Mount or Mounts may also refer to:
Displays and equipment
- Weapon mount, equipment used to secure an armament
- Telescope mount, a device used to support a telescope
- Lens mount, an interface used to fix a lens to a camera
- A fixed point for attaching equipment, such as a hardpoint on an airframe
- Hanging scroll for mounting paintings
- The display of an item on a heavy backing such as foamcore
- Mounting a coverslip on a specimen on a microscopic slide.
Computing and software
- Mount (computing), the process of making a file system accessible
- mount (Unix), the utility in Unix-like operating systems which mounts file systems
- Mount (streaming), a concept used in streaming software programs
- Mounts, Indiana, a community in Gibson County, Indiana
- Mount (grappling), a grappling position
- Copulation, the union of the sex organs in mating
- Riding animal, any animal that can be ridden
- Vahana, an animal or mythical entity closely associated with a particular deity in Hindu mythology
- Boarding an apparatus used for gymnastics, such as a balance beam
- Adding butter to a sauce in order to thicken it, as with beurre monté
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Mount.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.