Mount Airy/Surry County Airport
|Mount Airy/Surry County Airport|
|Owner||City of Mount Airy & Surry County|
|Serves||Mount Airy, North Carolina|
|Elevation AMSL||1,249 ft / 381 m|
Mount Airy/Surry County Airport (ICAO: KMWK, FAA LID: MWK) is a public use airport located in the unincorporated Holly Springs community three nautical miles (6 km) southeast of the central business district of Mount Airy, a city in Surry County, North Carolina, United States. The airport is owned by the city and county. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Although most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned MWK by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA (which assigned MWK to Matak-Tarempa Airport in the Anambas Islands, Riau Islands Province, Indonesia). The airport's ICAO identifier is KMWK.
Facilities and aircraft
Mount Airy/Surry County Airport covers an area of 147 acres (59 ha) at an elevation of 1,249 feet (381 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 18/36 with an asphalt surface measuring 4,301 by 75 feet (1,311 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending August 6, 2009, the airport had 17,200 aircraft operations, an average of 47 per day: 93% general aviation, 6% air taxi, and 1% military. At that time there were 39 aircraft based at this airport: 85% single-engine, 8% multi-engine, and 8% jet.
- FAA Airport Master Record for MWK ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. External link in
- "Mount Airy/Surry County Airport (ICAO: KMWK, FAA: MWK, IATA: none)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- "Matak-Tarempa Airport, Indonesia (IATA: MWK, ICAO: WIOM)". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- "Mount Airy/Surry County – MWK (KMWK)". National Flight Data Center. Federal Aviation Administration. Retrieved July 11, 2012. External link in
- "Mount Airy/Surry County Airport (MWK)" (PDF). at North Carolina DOT airport guide
- Aerial image as of March 1998 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for MWK, effective May 25, 2017
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about an airport in North Carolina is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|