Mount Brewer from East Lake
|Elevation||13,576 ft (4,138 m) NAVD 88|
|Prominence||1,168 ft (356 m)|
|Parent peak||Table Mountain|
|Listing||SPS Emblem peak|
|Location||Tulare County, California, U.S.|
|Range||Sierra Nevada, Great Western Divide|
|Topo map||USGS Mount Brewer|
|First ascent||July 2, 1864 by William H. Brewer and Charles F. Hoffmann|
|Easiest route||Easy Scramble, class 2|
The peak was named for William Henry Brewer who worked on the first California Geological Survey and was the first Chair of Agriculture at Yale University's Sheffield Scientific School. He was chief of the field party that explored the central High Sierra in 1864.
- "Mount Brewer, California". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- "Sierra Peaks Section List". Angeles Chapter, Sierra Club. Retrieved 2008-12-29.
- "Mount Brewer". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2008-12-21.
- Farquhar, Francis P. (1926). Place Names of the High Sierra. San Francisco: Sierra Club.
- Roper, Steve (1976). The Climber's Guide to the High Sierra. San Francisco: Sierra Club Books. p. 275. ISBN 9780871561473.
- Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks map (Map). National Park Service. 2002-04-20. Retrieved 2008-12-29.
|This Tulare County, California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|