Mount Carroll Township, Carroll County, Illinois
|Mount Carroll Township|
Location in Carroll County
Carroll County's location in Illinois
|• Supervisor||Cheri Jo Piper|
|• Total||37.61 sq mi (97.4 km2)|
|• Land||37.53 sq mi (97.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.07 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.19%|
|Elevation||807 ft (246 m)|
|• Density||60.7/sq mi (23.4/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61053, 61074, 61285|
|GNIS feature ID||0429402|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 37.61 square miles (97.4 km2), of which 37.53 square miles (97.2 km2) (or 99.79%) is land and 0.07 square miles (0.18 km2) (or 0.19%) is water.
- Mount Carroll (west three-quarters)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these three cemeteries: Center Hill, Oak Hill and Wacker.
- West Carroll Community Unit School District 314
- Illinois' 16th congressional district
- State House District 71
- State Senate District 36
Notable people from the rural portion of Mount Carroll Township include First Lady of Illinois Bina Deneen (1868-1950), who was born and raised there.
- "Mount Carroll Township, Carroll County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Washington Township||Woodland Township||Freedom Township|
|Savanna Township||Salem Township|
|York Township||Fairhaven Township|