|Population||85 (2016 census)|
|• Density||5.70/km2 (14.78/sq mi)|
|Area||14.9 km2 (5.8 sq mi)|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10:00)|
|LGA(s)||Moreton Bay Region|
|State electorate(s)||Glass House|
The west of the locality of Mount Delaney rises in elevation along the D'Aguilar Range. In this area is a section of the D'Aguilar National Park, Mount Mee State Forest and the summit of Mount Delaney. Delaneys Creek winds across the locality from east to west towards Nuerum Creek and feeding into the Stanley River catchment and Somerset Dam. Nuerum Creeks forms part of the western boundary.
There are no schools in Mount Delaney. The nearest primary schools are Delaneys Creek State School in neighbouring Delaneys Creek to the east, Mount Mee State School in neighbouring Mount Mee to the south-east, and Woodford State School in Woodford to the north-east. The nearest secondary schools are Woodford State School (to Year 10) in Woodford and Kilcoy State High School (to Year 12) in Kilcoy to the north-west.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Mount Delaney (SSC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Mount Delaney – locality in Moreton Bay Region (entry 45488)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 28 December 2020.
- "Mount Delaney – mountain in the Moreton Bay Region (entry 9688)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 4 March 2021.
- "Queensland Globe". State of Queensland. Retrieved 4 March 2021.
- Queensland Family History Society (2010), Queensland schools past and present (Version 1.01 ed.), Queensland Family History Society, ISBN 978-1-921171-26-0
- "PUBLIC WORKS". The Brisbane Courier (23, 328). Queensland, Australia. 4 November 1932. p. 4. Archived from the original on 4 March 2021. Retrieved 4 March 2021 – via National Library of Australia.
- "FOUR NEW SCHOOLS". The Week. CXII (2, 984). Queensland, Australia. 1 March 1933. p. 11. Archived from the original on 4 March 2021. Retrieved 4 March 2021 – via National Library of Australia.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Mount Delaney (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 17 May 2014.