Mount Forbes, Queensland
City of Ipswich, Queensland
Opening of the Mount Forbes Methodist Church, ca. 1911
|Population||263 (2016 census)|
|State electorate(s)||Scenic Rim|
Mount Forbes has a population of 263 at the 2016 census. The locality contains 93 households, in which 50.0% of the population are males and 50.0% of the population are females with a median age of 35, 3 years below the national average. The average weekly household income is $1,520, $83 above the national average.
3.0% of Mount Forbes's population is either of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent. 70.5% of the population aged 15 or over is either registered or de facto married, while 29.5% of the population is not married. 34.3% of the population is currently attending some form of a compulsory education. The most common nominated ancestries were Australian (35.7%), English (27.5%) and German (9.9%), while the most common country of birth was Australia (78.7%), and the most commonly spoken language at home was English (83.3%). The most common nominated religions were No religion (24.3%), Not stated (20.6%) and Anglican (14.7%). The most common occupation was a technician/trades worker (17.6%) and the majority/plurality of residents worked 40 or more hours per week (46.3%).
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Mount Forbes". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 25 January 2020.
- "Mount Forbes (Ipswich City) (entry 46552)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 27 February 2014.
- "Mount Forbes (Scenic Rim Regional Council) (entry 45215)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 27 February 2014.
- "Mount Walker (entry 45216)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 27 February 2014.
- Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Premier Postal Auctions. Retrieved 10 May 2014.