|Population||296 (2016 census)|
|• Density||14.37/km2 (37.22/sq mi)|
|Area||20.6 km2 (8.0 sq mi)|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10:00)|
|Location||30 km (19 mi) from Brisbane|
|LGA(s)||Moreton Bay Region|
|State electorate(s)||Pine Rivers|
Mount Glorious is a mountain which is part of the D'Aguilar Range and is a suburb in Moreton Bay Region roughly 30 kilometres (19 mi) north west of Brisbane. The forest that surrounds the mountain village is part of Brisbane Forest Park and the D'Aguilar National Park. Other mountains in the D'Aguilar Range include Mount Nebo, Mount Pleasant and Mount Mee. The peak is approximately 599 metres (1,965 ft) above sea level.
The locality name takes its name from the mountain, which was named as the result of a random remark by Elizabeth Patrick at a 1915 picnic, when she commented on the view.
Five blocks on the mountain were made available early in the 20th century, with the first block being bought by James O'Hara in 1903. In 1921, a real estate map advertised 31 blocks as 'Crest Estate : the first section', being subdivisions of Portion 9, Parish of Parker.
In the 2011 census, Mount Glorious recorded a population of 279 people, 48.4% female and 51.6% male. The median age of the Mount Glorious population was 45 years, 8 years above the national median of 37. 73.7% of people living in Mount Glorious were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were United Kingdom 7.6%, New Zealand 4.3%, Germany 1.1%, Aruba 1.1%, Argentina 1.1%. 90.6% of people spoke only English at home; the next most common languages were 1.1% German, 1.1% Cantonese, 1.1% Swedish, 1.1% Spanish, 1.1% Greek.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Mount Glorious (SSC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Mount Glorious – locality in Moreton Bay Region (entry 45453)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 16 November 2019.
- Horton, Helen (1988). Brisbane's Back Door: The story of the D'Aguilar Range. Bowen Hills, Queensland: Boolarong Publications. p. 28. ISBN 0-86439-036-X.
- "Mount Glorious Crest Estate : the first section". 1921. hdl:10462/deriv/420920. Cite journal requires
- "Advertising". The Brisbane Courier (19, 711). Queensland, Australia. 24 March 1921. p. 12. Retrieved 30 April 2019 – via National Library of Australia.
- Daniel Hurst (24 April 2008). "Qld earthquake risk real". Brisbane Times. Fairfax Digital. Archived from the original on 27 April 2009. Retrieved 27 April 2008.
- "Mobile Library". Moreton Bay Regional Council. Archived from the original on 30 January 2018. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Mount Glorious (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 26 September 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mount Glorious, Queensland.|
- Mount Glorious - Website about Mount Glorious