Mount Gravatt Football Club
|Full name||Mount Gravatt Australian Football Club|
|Captain(s)||Gareth Dosser and Mick Stinear|
|Ground(s)||Dittmar Park (capacity: 2,000)|
Mount Gravatt Australian Football Club, is a Brisbane based club which competed in the North East Australian Football League competition from 2011-2013 and as of 2014 is a member club of the Queensland Australian Football League., formed in 1964.
The club was a member of the SQAFA since the early 1970s, It won premierships in 1971, 1972, 1974 and 1983.
The club had been affiliated with AFL Queensland since 1994. The club won premiership in 2002 & 2007, whilst being runners up in 1996, 1997, 2003 and 2009.
The club is a founding member of the competition, Its first season it finished second on the ladder and lost the Preliminary Final.
The club song is sung to the tune of Road to Gundagai.
- Rohan Bail - Melbourne
- Clay Cameron - Gold Coast
- Jarrod Cotton - Port Adelaide
- Michael Gibson - Fitzroy and Brisbane Bears
- Will Hamill - Brisbane Lions
- Shaun Hampson - Carlton and Richmond
- Ben Hudson - Adelaide, Western Bulldogs, Brisbane Lions and Collingwood
- Stephen Kenna - Carlton
- Tony Lynn - Brisbane Bears and Carlton
- Joel Macdonald - Brisbane Lions and Melbourne
- Brad Miller - Melbourne and Richmond
- Neville Miller - South Melbourne
- Shane Morrison - Brisbane Lions and Richmond
- Ken Peucker (1935–2005) - Essendon
- Albert Proud - Brisbane Lions
- Archie Smith - Brisbane Lions
- Darryl White - Brisbane Bears and Brisbane Lions
- Derek Wirth - Brisbane Lions
|1||2002||QAFL||Southport Sharks||20.11 (131) - 10.10 (70)||Giffin Park|
|2||2007||QAFL||Southport Sharks||16.12 (108) - 10.10 (70)||Carrara Stadium|
The Grogan Medal is the highest individual honour a single player can win in the Queensland state league. Votes are awarded by the umpires to the best and fairest players of each game. The Grogan Medal is Queensland equivalent to the AFL's Brownlow Medal.
Mount Gravatt has a grand total of two Grogan Medallists. The first was in 1999 which was won by the captain, Brad Jones. The second, was by the current captain, Mick Stinear in 2002. This was a remarkable effort considering the vultures finished 5th for the season.
Joe Grant Medal
The Joe Grant Medal is awarded to the player judged best afield in a grand final. Mount Gravatt has two Joe Grant Medallists. The first was Tony Lynn is the 2002 grand final victory and was Ash Evans in the 2007 grand final victory.
Ray Hughson Medal
The Ray Hughson Medal is awarded to the QAFL leading goal kicker at the end of the year. Mount Gravatt has one Ray Hughson Medallists this is Shane Dupuy who kicked 80 goals in the 1996 season.