Mount Julian (Colorado)
- For other mountains by this name, see Mount Julian (disambiguation).
Mount Julian viewed from Trail Ridge Road
|Elevation||12,933 ft (3,942 m) |
|Prominence||1,220 ft (372 m) |
|Isolation||6.19 mi (9.96 km) |
|Location||Rocky Mountain National Park, Larimer County, Colorado, U.S.|
|Parent range||Front Range|
|Topo map||USGS 7.5' topographic map
Grand Lake, Colorado
Mount Julian is a mountain summit in the northern Front Range of the Rocky Mountains of North America. The 12,933-foot (3,942 m) peak is located in the Rocky Mountain National Park Wilderness, 12.2 miles (19.7 km) west (bearing 268°) of the Town of Estes Park in Larimer County, Colorado, United States. The mountain was named in honor of Julian Hayden, a civil engineer who lived in Estes Park.
- List of Colorado mountain ranges
- List of Colorado mountain summits
- List of Colorado county high points
- The elevation of Mount Julian includes an adjustment of +1.657 m (+5.44 ft) from NGVD 29 to NAVD 88.
- "Mount Julian, Colorado". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved November 6, 2014.
- "Mount Julian". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved November 6, 2014.
- "Mount Julian". SummitPost. Retrieved 2009-01-01.
- Dziezynski, James (1 August 2012). Best Summit Hikes in Colorado: An Opinionated Guide to 50+ Ascents of Classic and Little-Known Peaks from 8,144 to 14,433 Feet. Wilderness Press. p. 110. ISBN 978-0-89997-713-3.
|This Colorado state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|