Mount Lookout, Cincinnati
Mt. Lookout is a neighborhood of Cincinnati, Ohio.
Mount Lookout, Ohio is one of the Eastern neighborhoods of Cincinnati, just northwest of Linwood and overlooking the Ohio River valley. The neighborhood is named for the Mount Lookout Observatory, which moved to the neighborhood in 1873. The population was 4,814 at the 2010 census.
Mount Lookout's several-block business district is referred to as Mount Lookout Square and contains restaurants, bars, a variety of shops and service providers, and one of the steps of Cincinnati. Mount Lookout Tavern anchors the east end of the Square and attracts college students from the several area universities (including the University of Cincinnati, Xavier University and Northern Kentucky University), as well as twenty and thirty-something working professionals. Zip's Cafe, established 1926, is one of the more well-known restaurants on the Square as its burger is continually ranked as a top burger in Cincinnati (5th best in 2015 by Cincinnati Magazine).
Mount Lookout is considered by Hamilton County, Ohio as home to Ault Park, although the nearby neighborhood of Hyde Park also considers it part of their community. The area contains a neighborhood swim club named Mt. Lookout Swim and Tennis Club. Kilgour School, Cardinal Pacelli School and St. Ursula Villa School are the only schools located within the community.
- Doane, Kathleen (May 2008). "Sweating Equity: Your Guide To Surviving A Rough Real Estate Market". Cincinnati Magazine. p. 119. Retrieved 2013-05-17.
- "Mt. Lookout Statistical neighborhood approximation". City of Cincinnati. p. 2. Retrieved 27 January 2018.
- Editors, C. M. (2 July 2015). "The 45 Best Burgers in Cincinnati". Retrieved 16 April 2019.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- "Zip's Cafe - Est. 1926 - Mt. Lookout Square". www.zipscafe.com. Retrieved 16 April 2019.
- "Home". Mt.Lookout Swim & Tennis Club. Retrieved 16 April 2019.
- "» About Us". cardinalpacelli.org. Retrieved 16 April 2019.
- "St. Ursula Villa - Cincinnati, Ohio - An independent Catholic coeducational pre-k - 8 school". stursulavilla.org. Retrieved 16 April 2019.
- "Kilgour School | Preparing Students for Life". Kilgour.cps-k12.org. Retrieved 2019-04-16.
|This Hamilton County, Ohio state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|