Mount Moiwa Ropeway
|This article does not cite any sources. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Mt. Moiwa Ropeway (藻岩山ロープウェイ Moiwayama Rōpuwei?) is Japanese aerial lift line in Sapporo, Hokkaidō. This is the only line Sapporo Development (札幌振興公社?) operates, while the company also operates a ski jumping course and an amusement park. Opened in 1958, the line climbs Mount Moiwa (藻岩山?). The observatory is built for the panoramic view of the city. There also is a ski resort.
- System: Aerial tramway, 2 track cables and 2 haulage ropes
- Distance: 1.2 kilometres (0.7 mi)
- Vertical interval: 366 m (1,201 ft)
- Passenger capacity per a cabin: 66
- Cabins: 2
- Stations: 2
- Time required for single ride: 5 minutes
The Mount Moiwa Ropeway is closed until 2012 for redevelopment.
- (English) Mt. Moiwa Ropeway official website
|This article about a Japanese aerial tramway, funicular line, or related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|