Mount Morgan (Mono County, California)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not to be confused with Mount Morgan (Inyo County, California) located 9 miles (14 km) to the south southwest..
Mount Morgan from Davis Lake
|Elevation||12,998+ ft (3,962+ m) NAVD 88|
|Prominence||1,472 ft (449 m) |
|Listing||Sierra Peaks Section|
|Location||Mono County, California, U.S.|
|Parent range||Sierra Nevada|
|Topo map||USGS Convict Lake|
|First ascent||1934 by David Brower and Norman Clyde|
|Easiest route||Hike, arduous class 1|
Mount Morgan is a highest point on Nevahbe Ridge in the Sherwin Range of the Sierra Nevada. It lies in Mono County, California, between McGee Canyon and Hilton Lakes. The mountain is in the John Muir Wilderness Area in the Inyo National Forest.
- "Sierra Peaks Section List" (PDF). Angeles Chapter, Sierra Club. Retrieved 2014-01-19.
- "Mount Morgan, California". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved 2014-01-19.
- "Mount Morgan". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Roper, Steve (1976). The Climber's Guide to the High Sierra. San Francisco: Sierra Club Books. pp. 133, 340. ISBN 9780871561473.
- "Mount Morgan (N)". SummitPost.org.
|This Mono County, California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|