Mount Pleasant, New Zealand
|• Total||4.6282 km2 (1.7870 sq mi)|
|• Density||900/km2 (2,300/sq mi)|
The area originally belonged to the borough of Sumner. A petition in 1920 by the majority of its residents asked for it to be included as a riding of the Heathcote County. Whilst the mayor of Sumner, John Barr, submitted against the petition, it was granted and took effect on 1 April 1921. As a result of the 1989 local government reforms, Heathcote County was amalgamated with and became part of Christchurch City Council.
- "Tauhinu Korokio — Mt Pleasant".
- Menzies, J. F. (1941). Sumner (PDF). Christchurch: Simpson & Williams Ltd. pp. 32–33. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
- NZPA, David Fisher, Hamish Fletcher (28 February 2011). "Christchurch earthquake: 'This is no place to live any more'" – via New Zealand Herald.
- "Mt Pleasant Earthquake Damage - Mapping the damage - Mt Pleasant Centre".
- "Mt Pleasant Earthquake Stories".
- Local history, stories, and photos
- Mount Pleasant School
- Mount Pleasant Tennis Club
- Mount Pleasant Squash Club
- Mount Pleasant Business Directory