Mount Pleasant GO Station
|Location||1600 Bovaird Drive West
|Platforms||2 side platforms, 1 island platform|
|Connections|| Brampton Transit
|Station code||GO Transit: MPGO|
Mount Pleasant GO Station is a GO Transit railway station on the Kitchener line in Brampton, Ontario, Canada. It is located at Bovaird Drive and Ashby Field Drive in the New Urbanist community of Mount Pleasant. As of September 2015, it is the western terminus for off-peak Kitchener line train services, and a one-way train trip to Toronto's Union Station takes approximately 51 minutes.
The station was completed March 15, 2006, but it opened for service on February 7, 2005 while still under construction because GO Transit needed to alleviate parking shortages at Brampton GO Station, and also needed to serve the nearby community.
Mount Pleasant is wheelchair-accessible with a mini-platform. The parking lot has 600 spaces and sufficient land to permit future expansion to about 2000 spaces. The station has a nine-bay bus loop serving both GO buses and Brampton Transit.
- Bus bay assignments
- 1 - Brampton Transit 4/4A Chinguacousy
- 2 - Brampton Transit 5 Bovaird, 505 Züm Bovaird
- 3 - Brampton Transit 9 Vodden, 29 Williams
- 4 - Brampton Transit 23/23A Sandalwood
- 5 - GO Bus eastbound service to Yorkdale, York Mills and Toronto-Union Bus Terminals
- 6 - GO Bus westbound service to Georgetown and Guelph
- 7 - GO Bus spare
- 8 - GO Bus spare
- Kalinowski, Tess (19 August 2015). "GO boosts Brampton trains and bus service to Pearson". Toronto Star. Retrieved 22 August 2015.
- "GO Transit - Mount Pleasant Station". Projects. Dineen Construction Corporation. 2011-06-03. Retrieved February 2015.
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2015)|