Mount Pleasant Municipal Airport (Iowa)
|Mount Pleasant Municipal Airport|
|Owner||City of Mount Pleasant|
|Serves||Mount Pleasant, Iowa|
|Elevation AMSL||730 ft / 223 m|
Mount Pleasant Municipal Airport (IATA: MPZ, ICAO: KMPZ, FAA LID: MPZ) is a city owned public use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) southeast of the central business district of Mount Pleasant, a city in Henry County, Iowa, United States. According to the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013, it is categorized as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Mount Pleasant Municipal Airport covers an area of 124 acres (50 ha) at an elevation of 730 feet (223 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways: 15/33 is 4,001 by 75 feet (1,220 x 23 m) with an asphalt; 3/21 is 1,965 by 120 feet (599 x 37 m) with a turf surface.
For the 12-month period ending May 13, 2009, the airport had 6,250 aircraft operations, an average of 17 per day: 96% general aviation and 4% air taxi. At that time there were 19 aircraft based at this airport: 47% single-engine, 42% multi-engine and 11% ultralight.
- FAA Airport Master Record for MPZ ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 3 June 2010.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013: Appendix A: Part 2 (PDF, 1.04 MB). Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 15 October 2008.
- Mount Pleasant Municipal (MPZ) at Iowa DOT Airport Directory
- Aerial image as of 20 May 1994 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for MPZ, effective August 17, 2017
- Resources for this airport: